Forums > General Industry > Events from "Other Sites"

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post the name of the other site I'm referring to, but if it's okay for me to say it, it's OMP.  Now, I'm not making any slanderous comments here, I'm merely posing a question.  First of all, I have an account there, so for all you other account-holders, how many of you actually attend their events?  I might consider going to some of the more normal-sounding ones, but I wouldn't travel to one of the cities that it's held in, because they're too far from me.

I recieved an email from them today advertising "MODELWEEN".  I'm not sure exactly what the event would entail, but I wouldn't be interested in the event.

So tell me, how many of you plan on going to "MODELWEEN" or have attended any other OMP event?  What was your experience?  Would you ever go again?

--Alexandra

Sep 17 06 08:16 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

I joined the online community of models and photographers in November of last year at the suggestion of an agent I know at Stewart Talent. OMP was the first place I joined. I made the awful mistake of going to one of their functions at a studio in Chicago. Most of the models were very young girls that were dressed like hookers and all of the photographers (I use the term generously here) were pot bellied old men (myself included) that were showing portfolios of 4X6 snapshots of the girls they had photographed. The underlying theme I detected from being with these people for a few minutes was sex. The girls bounced and jiggled to get the attention of the guys and I'm sure the guys whacked off when they got home. I didn't see one serious photograph or photographer in the 10 minutes it took me to get in, realize, and get out. Unless you want to be a hooker, stay home.

Sep 17 06 08:23 am Link

Photographer

ChristopherRoss

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Bob Randall Photography wrote:
I joined the online community of models and photographers in November of last year at the suggestion of an agent I know at Stewart Talent. OMP was the first place I joined. I made the awful mistake of going to one of their functions at a studio in Chicago. Most of the models were very young girls that were dressed like hookers and all of the photographers (I use the term generously here) were pot bellied old men (myself included) that were showing portfolios of 4X6 snapshots of the girls they had photographed. The underlying theme I detected from being with these people for a few minutes was sex. The girls bounced and jiggled to get the attention of the guys and I'm sure the guys whacked off when they got home. I didn't see one serious photograph or photographer in the 10 minutes it took me to get in, realize, and get out. Unless you want to be a hooker, stay home.

Now to be fair Bob, at least I brought a disposable camera to shoot the nungas with, and it's not my fault that I've got a pot belly ... I blame the media.

Sep 17 06 08:28 am Link

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Chris Ross wrote:
Now to be fair Bob, at least I brought a disposable camera to shoot the nungas with, and it's not my fault that I've got a pot belly ... I blame the media.

Tisk Tisk, now what do you think the person who develops that camera is going to think?

But in all seriousness, that's the same impression that I got of these events.  I guess the way I see it is that if you're liked, look good, and work well you'd probably have an agent/manager or agency and wouldn't need to go to an event like that to find work.

--Alexandra

Sep 17 06 08:37 am Link

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

I have been to a few of the OMP in the Clicks, hosted in my area, been to a few good one and a few boring ones, it all depends on who shows up

Sep 17 06 08:51 am Link