Forums > General Industry > Elite Model MNG in Atlanta changes requirements

Model

Royal Eclipse

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Continuation from this thread
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=70075

So my mom called Victoria and it turns out that the reason she hasnt called back is because they changed the requirements so that you have to be 15 in order to be in there management.

BUT THEN. she calls back two days later telling her that they completly changed the requirements and now you have to be 15 if your a girl AND weigh over 122 pounds. My sister probably weights 128 right now so no biggie. But the thing is, if you are under 122 pounds, they are going to send you to the hospital for treatment.

It was just on CNN news today also. Anyone opinions on this?

Sep 16 06 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Beginning to sound like "anexoric" models are on the way out.....

Sep 16 06 12:05 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

interesting....but that's alanta, not ny.

Sep 16 06 12:08 pm Link

Model

Antonina

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Hm, interesting. I am planning on going to their open call soon. You Can be older than 15 right?

Sep 16 06 12:09 pm Link

Model

Royal Eclipse

Miami Beach, Florida, US

^ yeah of course. just not younger. ages are 15- twenty something i think for girls. I went with her, but i didnt get in.

Sep 16 06 12:12 pm Link

Model

Caro D

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Yep, anorexic girls are starting go waver.  Madrid is banning "too-skinny" model from their catwalks for their fashion week.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060908/lf … 0908143012

But the question is: Who determines "too skinny"?

Oiy.

Sep 16 06 12:14 pm Link

Model

Antonina

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Fadeline wrote:
^ yeah of course. just not younger. ages are 15- twenty something i think for girls. I went with her, but i didnt get in.

can you tell me how it went? I've been planning on going since forever but, still haven't sad  What'd they make you do/ bring . Thanks smile

Sep 16 06 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Sep 16 06 12:19 pm Link

Model

Royal Eclipse

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Antonina wrote:

can you tell me how it went? I've been planning on going since forever but, still haven't sad  What'd they make you do/ bring . Thanks smile

oh gosh.. they are VERY PICKY. When we got there, they have you wait like 30 minutes in a very hot room. I dont think they do this on purpose but i went twice (first time i didnt have pics) and it was hot both times. Bring a book with you or a magazine, your going to need it. Victoria tells you to come in the room and they she gives you a 10 minute dicussion about the requirements and what she expects you to have. She wants you two bring atleast two pictures with you. One full body shot, and one head shot. Basic snapshots will do but it doesnt matter. The people who dont have pictures leave the room. Then she tells everyone to stand in a long line and walk the run way. First you walk the runway, stop, and tell her a breif summary about yourself, your school, and your nationality. Make sure to tell her if you are from a different culture because that is a good plus. (exotic looks are in). You walk back to the runway, turn, and she tells you "thank you" which basically means she isnt interested or "please see me in my office" which means that she is interested. Don't be nervous. You'll do fine! Just wear casual nice clothes that show off your long legs. ONly two people got in, my sister, and a guy that was 40 who use to work with ford so its a tough chance but elite isnt the only agency and you can always come back.

Sep 16 06 12:23 pm Link

Model

angmodel

Sacramento, California, US

I bet you most of those girls who get sent in for treatment are going to get told their completely healthy. instead of this BMI crap, cuz i feel that measurement is too vague, they should have the girls go in to the doctor and get a check up or a physical first, like the athletes do..because i bet most of those girls are under 18 BMI but that doesnt mean they are unhealthy

Sep 16 06 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Maxwell

Somerville, Massachusetts, US

Antonina wrote:
Hm, interesting. I am planning on going to their open call soon. You Can be older than 15 right?

Its all down hill after 15 smile

Sep 16 06 12:29 pm Link

Model

Antonina

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Fadeline wrote:

oh gosh.. they are VERY PICKY. When we got there, they have you wait like 30 minutes in a very hot room. I dont think they do this on purpose but i went twice (first time i didnt have pics) and it was hot both times. Bring a book with you or a magazine, your going to need it. Victoria tells you to come in the room and they she gives you a 10 minute dicussion about the requirements and what she expects you to have. She wants you two bring atleast two pictures with you. One full body shot, and one head shot. Basic snapshots will do but it doesnt matter. The people who dont have pictures leave the room. Then she tells everyone to stand in a long line and walk the run way. First you walk the runway, stop, and tell her a breif summary about yourself, your school, and your nationality. Make sure to tell her if you are from a different culture because that is a good plus. (exotic looks are in). You walk back to the runway, turn, and she tells you "thank you" which basically means she isnt interested or "please see me in my office" which means that she is interested. Don't be nervous. You'll do fine! Just wear casual nice clothes that show off your long legs. ONly two people got in, my sister, and a guy that was 40 who use to work with ford so its a tough chance but elite isnt the only agency and you can always come back.

well, okay, I'll make sure I tell my nationality since it is different and then just be myself and not be nervous. Thanks a lot wink

Sep 16 06 12:32 pm Link

Model

Antonina

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Fadeline wrote:

P.S. You know how you said they're no the only one? Well for Atlanta, they pretty much are the major one. But I gues we can always try Click and Arlene Wilson.

Sep 16 06 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

atlanta is a commercial market

Sep 16 06 12:38 pm Link

Model

Antonina

Atlanta, Georgia, US

oldguysrule wrote:
atlanta is a commercial market

unfortunately tongue

Sep 16 06 12:53 pm Link

Model

Royal Eclipse

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Antonina wrote:

P.S. You know how you said they're no the only one? Well for Atlanta, they pretty much are the major one. But I gues we can always try Click and Arlene Wilson.

yeah lol your so right. which sucks. sad If this agency doesnt work out for me once i loose a little weight and work on my skin and come back, then ill try the other two but i pretty much know this is the best atl's got.

Sep 16 06 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

About 5 years ago Elite Chicago was making some of their girls gain weight before they'd let them work again....
5'11" girls who weight 122 pounds are still stick thin. No need to worry about the 'anorexic look' being gone.

Sep 16 06 01:32 pm Link

Model

Ivy Jo

Amarillo, Texas, US

I'm confused; Elite did what? This is just the Atlanta branch right?

I just don't understand an agencies motivation behind this. I can understand designers at fashion week trying to improve their image, but I don't understand an agency cutting down its rescources. To be a runway model you still have to be a 34 inch hip or below; why would an agency cut down on its useable talent?

At my thinnest I was a 36 inch hip and 125 lbs. I know I have amazingly wide hips, but still, there are a lot of girls who can still be very thin and still healthy. I was probably healthier then than any time before or since. I just have a lot of German in my family, and we are not built delicately!

So I'm bony, big deal. If a model can walk, let her walk, thats what she's been hired to do!

I know everyone's worried about the image that "super skinny" models portray, but they had to be that thin to work, now their being thrown out of the industry because  their hip bones stick out?

In any other industry, this would be an example of criminalizing the symptoms while you spread the disease.

If a designer want to upsize their clothes, great - I applaud them (I might have a chance to work again!), but I don't understand from a business standpoint why an agency would limit themselves like this. Most designers are still using the waife look, why would Elite not want models they could use for those accounts?

Sep 16 06 01:49 pm Link