Forums > General Industry > I dont understand this lingo yet.

Model

Anthony Amenta

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Hey everyone.

Ok ive seen a bunch of short-term words that i dont get yet.
Can someone help me out on this one...

Thanks,

Much appreciated,

Anthony

Sep 16 06 12:43 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Not without you telling us what the terms you don't get are.....?

Sep 16 06 12:43 am Link

Photographer

Todd S.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US

I don't get W.G. Rowland

Sep 16 06 12:44 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

thanks means
Thankyou.

Sep 16 06 12:44 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Sep 16 06 01:45 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

and lol means laugh out load. or it can also mean loaded on life.

Sep 16 06 02:31 am Link

Photographer

Richard Maxwell

Somerville, Massachusetts, US

If you hit Alt F4 it displays a list of the most common abreviations use on the site.

Sep 16 06 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

Maxwell Digital Art wrote:
If you hit Alt F4 it displays a list of the most common abreviations use on the site.

You're just mean. smile

Sep 16 06 08:27 am Link

Photographer

Maynard Southern

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

mfm= man for man
wfm= woman for man
tfm= transexual for man
mfw= man for woman
wfw= woman for woman
tfw= transexual for woman
tft= transexual for transexual
tfm= transexual for man
tfw= transexual for woman
pfm= plushie for man
pfw=plushie for woman
pft= plushie for transexual
pfp= plushie for plushie
pff= plushie for furry
fff= furry for furry
ffm= furry for man
ffw= furry for woman
fft= furry for transexual.

That covers most of the abbreviations that WG Rowland uses...if you need help with anything else, let me know.

Sep 16 06 08:34 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Dude.. You forgot the most important one!

TFP = Time For Pie!

(To the OP.. Just because we're not mean, but DO like to be funny.. Here's the 3 I see most:

TFP = Time For Prints (an arrangement between a photog and model in which the model's time and work is exchanged for prints from the photog instead of money)..
TFCD = Time For CD (same deal, just the model gets a disk of the images.)
GWC = Guy With Camera (or more accurately a Groper With a Penis.. Who's into photography only to try and get laid..  But it gets used way too much, so if you see it, don't worry about it..)

Now back to the fun....

ILP! DLP? WJLP?
(I Like Pie!  Do you Like Pie?  Would Jesus Like Pie?)

Sep 16 06 09:02 am Link

Photographer

ANTHONY CRAMER

Fremont, California, US

what kinda pie?

Sep 16 06 09:11 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

ANTHONY CRAMER wrote:
what kinda pie?

Asking what kind of pie is asking which is the one true religion..

I try to stay out of debates that might get me killed..

Sep 16 06 09:14 am Link

Photographer

CICADA MOTION PICTURES

Buffalo, New York, US

I told W.G. Rowland that I didn't plan to post a lot on this site after the gracious comment he left me on the computer crashing post from a couple of days ago, and I'm really not. Doesn't mean I'm not quietly around just observing. I've learned a lot about this little dysfunctional cyber family, of which I am now a member, by choice.

Not to hijack this thing guys, and dolls, but you cats are just fucking mean man! All of you. This is doubtlessly on purpose for some of you, for some it is a half assed attempt at anecdotal humor. Or if you took the time to check W.G.'s blog site, some odd form of cyber social internet addiction? What the fuck?

The kid (meaning the op) is new. He dosen't know what the fucking abbreviations mean. Everyone on here that responded with anything less than helpful to the guy is exemplary of... Hey not to cut myself off in mid sentence, but you know what you guys remind me of? That Brian Depalma movie "Casualties of war". If you haven't seen it, it stars Sean Penn, and Michael J. Fox.

It takes place in Vietnam just prior to the Tet offensive. Fox plays a character not too dissimilar from Charlie Sheen's character in Oliver Stone's "Platoon". You know very idealistic at first, and then over the course of time spent in the literal, and metaphorical jungle of apathy, and disregard, becomes as jaded as the rest of his seasoned war buddies; who later go on to rape this village girl, kill her, and cover up the body.

Now in a way what you all jokingly do to anyone who is new to this site is very much the same thing, metaphorically speaking of course, especially the mega high posters *ahem* (no names neccessary), and some mods. You all have been around long enough to not only know the ropes but what it's like to be new. Somewhere. Anywhere. But now you've all been "In country" so long, you don't think about the how a new person may feel walking into your "house" as it were. Now I know that that's W.G.'s, and all of your sorry attempts at a welcome for the kid, but the op just wanted to know some terms people.

Fuck it. I'll do it. Hey, new guy! Can't you read cherry? Right underneath that horrible banner picture of Tyler in drag, there are listed several options. These options include one labeled "INFO". This option is no less accessible than the others. Upon accessing it you will find the answers that you are so innocently seeking. Once you find them, a word of advice...stay out of the forums. Don't post here. Some people aren't kind souls like me. They don't want to help you. They aren't purposely being mean. They've just been in the jungle too long. They've got that "thousand yard stare". If you don't want to end up jaded like most of these guys...stay away.

Hell, but that's just my advice, maybe you came here to join the "gang". Stick around long enough some of this crap may actually rub off on you! Ha ha! And I like W.G. too! I really do. Parabola I suppose.

At least he, W.G., actually helped the freakin kid! Everybody needs to take a page out of W.G.'s book! Eventually, once you sift through the madness, he's probably one of the most helpful, albeit cryptic people on this site. He is the greatest! He is the best! You people tear him down every chance you get, and you don't even know him!

Woah! Woah. Do I hear the throes of Amber Dean? Doth they echo from some distant chamber? Ok, I'll stop now. Ha ha! I shall diminish. To speak her name may eventually evoke some wrath that I am not presently equipped to deal with.

Hey new guy? Do you understand the "lingo" yet? Just messin with you kid, welcome aboard. Have fun while you're here. Real word of advice, don't take any of this shit to seriously man.

"They're just like pictures in a book Danny". "Just like pictures in a book". -Danny Torrance, from The Shining

Oh, MM, what have you done to me?

Sep 16 06 09:48 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Now I feel guilty....

I think you're taking it a little TOO seriously though..

There SHOULD be disclaimers at the top of every forum announcing, "Abandon all seriousness, all ye who enter here.."

Primer, if you're new:

MM isn't all that mean of a place.. But the forums are filled with people with too much idle time on their hands.  People who've been here a while have often made friends (and occasionally enemies), and spend far too much time joking around with them.

These jokes often jump from forum topic to forum topic, and if you don't have the time to waste catching up (and that's probably a good thing)..  About 75-90% of responses you see on here will not make any sense..

It's generally safe to assume, that if you don't get it or someone sounds overly rude... They're probably carrying over baggage from somewhere else on the forums and you're probably safer not taking it personally.

Oh.. And MM has lots of crazy people..

- a crazy people.

Sep 16 06 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I'm reading Oliver Twist but I don't know what some of the longer words mean.  Can you help?

Sep 16 06 11:10 am Link

Photographer

Druid Sacrifice

Now I just want to know what really happens when I press alt F4, but I'm afraid to try it...

Sep 16 06 11:54 am Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:

TFP = Time For Pie!

(To the OP.. Just because we're not mean, but DO like to be funny.. Here's the 3 I see most:

TFP = Time For Prints (an arrangement between a photog and model in which the model's time and work is exchanged for prints from the photog instead of money)..
TFCD = Time For CD (same deal, just the model gets a disk of the images.)
GWC = Guy With Camera (or more accurately a Groper With a Penis.. Who's into photography only to try and get laid..  But it gets used way too much, so if you see it, don't worry about it..)

Now back to the fun....

ILP! DLP? WJLP?
(I Like Pie!  Do you Like Pie?  Would Jesus Like Pie?)

Doesn't Groper With Cock work better? Tehe...I said cock...

Sep 16 06 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Richard Maxwell

Somerville, Massachusetts, US

Druid Sacrifice wrote:
Now I just want to know what really happens when I press alt F4, but I'm afraid to try it...

come on, do it!

Sep 16 06 11:59 am Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

CICADA MOTION PICTURES wrote:
f*ckingf*ckf*cking
You all have been around long enough to not only know the ropes...
F*ckHellshit

Apparently you haven't been around long enough to know the ropes...keep the expletives to PMs...non-members can easily access this section of MM, therefore cursing is not allowed here. And chill out. For real. It's a silly website. There's no need for YOU to go on berating the people here who are trying to keep the mood light. Especially not in an email whose general gist is that people should be nice to each other.

PS...OP (original poster...in other words, the person who started the thread...there's another one explained for you smile), if you ever have any questions about particular abbreviations and you don't feel like wading through crap here in the forums, feel free to email me and just ask me personally. If I don't know...I'll ask someone who does so you don't have to worry about searching for hours for an answer.

Sep 16 06 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

cursing's not allowed?

I'm in twouble!

Sep 16 06 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

IATQOAGVLITWOH, BIYTYAGTBMSTI, GIYBSYSF.

There you go. Perfect!

Sep 16 06 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

PSN MBIS.

(Please stop now.  My Butt Is Sore.)

Sep 16 06 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:
PSN MBIS.

(Please stop now.  My Butt Is Sore.)

FYYID, AINLMWFY!

Sep 16 06 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

Kaitlin Lara wrote:
Doesn't Groper With Cock work better? Tehe...I said cock...

Googler with Cunt i think... Tehe...I said cunt...

Sep 16 06 12:42 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

oldguysrule wrote:

Googler with Cunt i think... Tehe...I said cunt...

I love that word...lol...it's so offensive.

Sep 16 06 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:

Tehe is offensive?!?!?!

Sep 16 06 03:49 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:

Apparently you haven't been around long enough to know the ropes...keep the expletives to PMs...non-members can easily access this section of MM, therefore cursing is not allowed here. And chill out. For real. It's a silly website. There's no need for YOU to go on berating the people here who are trying to keep the mood light. Especially not in an email whose general gist is that people should be nice to each other.

PS...OP (original poster...in other words, the person who started the thread...there's another one explained for you smile), if you ever have any questions about particular abbreviations and you don't feel like wading through crap here in the forums, feel free to email me and just ask me personally. If I don't know...I'll ask someone who does so you don't have to worry about searching for hours for an answer.

Actually, swearing is allowed in the forums. Just not in thread titles.

Sep 16 06 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Pimento wrote:
Hey everyone.

Ok ive seen a bunch of short-term words that i dont get yet.
Can someone help me out on this one...

Thanks,

Much appreciated,

Anthony

Under the info tab on the tool bar above.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/faq.php#q16

Sep 16 06 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

Maynard Southern

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Everybody needs to take a page out of W.G.'s book! Eventually, once you sift through the madness, he's probably one of the most helpful, albeit cryptic people on this site. He is the greatest! He is the best! You people tear him down every chance you get, and you don't even know him!

W.G. is a very nice guy. I am sorry I made fun of his furry/plushie problems. It was very childish, and I apologize.

Sep 16 06 04:00 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:

TFP = Time For Pie!

Portugese man.

oh and W.W.B.C.G.D?

Sep 16 06 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Oh, MM, what have you done to me?

Who are those guy's?

Name that movie. You should have seen what they did to me when I asked the same question the OP asked, why they simply hijacked the thread and I've never been the same. I cry all the time and I miss my mommy.

Besides, what guy in his right mind calls himself pimento? HDWHG!

Sep 16 06 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Maynard Southern wrote:

W.G. is a very nice guy. I am sorry I made fun of his furry/plushie problems. It was very childish, and I apologize.

My plush furries are not a problem!

I call them, Bob.

Sep 16 06 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Maynard Southern wrote:

Wuss.

Sep 16 06 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

Maynard Southern

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Bob Randall Photography wrote:
Wuss.

Yeah...well...after Cicada made a reference to Vietnam and The Shining in his post...I figgered I better cover my bases.

The first step to conquering your addiction is admitting the problem, W.G.!

Sep 16 06 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Maynard Southern wrote:

Yeah...well...after Cicada made a reference to Vietnam and The Shining in his post...I figgered I better cover my bases.

The first step to conquering your addiction is admitting the problem, W.G.!

But what do you do about a problem like my Randall?

Sep 16 06 04:21 pm Link

Model

Anthony Amenta

Well the first day I arrived on MM I was very eager to be on the same page as everyone.

So I quickly made a post in the forums but did not take the time completely examin the website. I did miss the info section >_< .

Sorry for the lousy thread.

I do understand some of the short term phrases such as TFP/CD now.. and thats all I really needed to know at the time.

Thanks for welcoming me to MM in this unique and rather interesting flamed way smile
Sarcasm can be fun but it does have a limit.

Ciao,

Pimento

Sep 16 06 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Ed Stringbourne

Kansas City, Missouri, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:

Tehe is offensive?!?!?!

I thought Tet was offensive. Or was that Brusilov? I often get the two confused.

To be honest I do see some abbreviations on here that I don't have a clue what they mean - but be summat to do with me being a Limey and all that. So I just scratch my head and then make a poorly-educated gues.

Sep 16 06 07:30 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:

"C U Next Tuesday"

Sep 16 06 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

Bob Randall Photography wrote:
Besides, what guy in his right mind calls himself pimento?

the guy hoping to get inside olive, of course.

Sep 16 06 07:40 pm Link

Model

Anthony Amenta

Olives are awesome,
and its my nickname!

Sep 16 06 07:42 pm Link