Photographer

duds here

Chicago, Illinois, US

Reading all of the crap photographers put up with with these models makes you wonder who the hell are they, just another wwp.

Figure it out.

I can't figure out why they can't act like an adult when scheduling and call on the phone to set things up within a week!

If you want a hair appointment you don't email the salon and keep them on a hook for five weeks and then don't show up!

So if you are serious call the photog on the phone when they ask and get things done, many people say they will and don't.

I have even had models give me thier numbers and when I call it is a waste, then why contact anyone if you aren't serious.

People like that make me sad, I had one model send over 36 emails and didn't show up twice, because I was nice enough to give her a chance since she said she had a family emergency. Mabye she did but I emailed her most models play that card when canelling. She said she felt bad and didn't think I would shoot with her, so I scheduled again and again she cancelled, now who should feel bad?

Then models wonder why we get mad and have attitudes?  Who is doing who a favor here?

When trying to work out something where both parties benifit you don't want to get kicked in the ass for it, and the models can't get that through their little heads.  I guess models can't pay photographers because they spend so much money on balloon boobs, then they think they look good and the world owes them everything.

Sep 14 06 12:19 am Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

*repeats his mantra

just say no to TFP

Sep 14 06 12:27 am Link

Photographer

ShadowCrafter

Pike Road, Alabama, US

oldguysrule wrote:
*repeats his mantra

just say no to TFP

I've decided I shouldnt try to type anything of any substance after midnight in any thread.  I might cause another one to blow up.

besidesk  not a lot to add to Old guys quote above

Sep 14 06 12:29 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Maybe if photographers could keep the rambling and horn tooting to a minimum, I'd talk to them on the phone more.  Rarely have I spoken to one who didn't feel the need to talk entirely too long.  Shoot details, objectives, a little getting to know you if you'd like and let's keep it moving.  I can't afford you and my cell phone bill if you run up my minutes.  Not that I don't understand that telephone communication is by far preferable to emailing a million times.  smile

Sep 14 06 12:32 am Link

Photographer

duds here

Chicago, Illinois, US

Well just tell the photog you have to go, but let's wrap up the details and save the conversation for when we shoot.  Then don't talk during the shoot! Tell him you lost your voice.

I keep my conversations short on the phone, it is only for details and to set dates for sessions, this isn't a dating service

Sep 14 06 12:38 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

CL Photography wrote:
Well just tell the photog you have to go, but let's wrap up the details and save the conversation for when we shoot.  Then don't talk during the shoot! Tell him you lost your voice.

I keep my conversations short on the phone, it is only for details and to set dates for sessions, this isn't a dating service

Bless you!  smile

Sep 14 06 12:42 am Link