Forums > General Industry > Seeking help in California

Photographer

nick latino

Tucson, Arizona, US

I have received several request from models looking for representation and have began thinking about working in this area of the industry.

I need help in locating information on working as an agency or manager in California and what permits are required.  I have been searching the web and haven't for the right information as of yet.  If you by chance have some information or know of a link I need to check please email me with any information you have.

Thank you

Sep 13 06 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

none of the above

Marina del Rey, California, US

Sep 13 06 09:41 pm Link

Photographer

UCPhotog

Hartford, Connecticut, US

nick latino wrote:
I have received several request from models looking for representation and have began thinking about working in this area of the industry.

I need help in locating information on working as an agency or manager in California and what permits are required.  I have been searching the web and haven't for the right information as of yet.  If you by chance have some information or know of a link I need to check please email me with any information you have.

Thank you

What's needed? A license first. A talent agency is about the same as an employment agency. It requires a $10,000 cash surity bond with the state, a little over $300 license, references, references, references... Most times you won't get your application approved unless you've worked as a booker in another agency or have a lot of background in the industry. My ex works for the California Dept of Labor Standards Enforcement and she shuts guys down, fines them, and in a few cases, testifies in court to put a few offenders or repeat offenders in jail. I do love it when she shuts some of these creeps down, as well as when I find a legit agent here or the other sites.

Sep 16 06 10:54 pm Link