Forums > General Industry > What wrong with some people...?

Photographer

RRCPhoto

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

markcomp wrote:

Well, I guess I respond from the standpoint of having a number of clients who do physical therapy for a living.  I get a massage once a week and it really is an honorable job that is worthy of barter.  lol

Heck, ya!  An RMT..without a doubt (that's what it is up here..not sure if the registered massage therapist designation is the same in the states..is it?)...I screwed up my back being an atypical Canadian and playing hockey..and after lugging around all this gear for an on location shoot...I'd probably give half of it away to an RMT that offered...well, maybe not quite that much...but yeah, I can understand what you are saying...*but* wouldn't they also say something to the affect as .. "I'm a registered / licensed masause .. would you care to trade..etc,etc,etc.." so in other words...start it off by mentioning the fact that you are a professional in that field so it doesn't have immediately a weird feel to it.
The fact that he didn't mention any professional accreditations makes it sound slimy.  (IMHO)

Sep 12 06 09:30 pm Link

Model

Rabbit86

Białystok, Podlaskie, Poland

Click Hamilton wrote:
OK. Someone please enter this thread for a Clio Award.

What Clio award hehe i hope id dint start any revolution here smile
Some time i am in the mood for nice chat with new people, specialy with people who seems like understand me better then any one else on the net smile
.....let keep it going smile
I hope it allowed here to post your dream shoot smile
I REALY REALY like to do shoot with girl in public place, it just my biggest dream with cute sexy gril me aand her in public park or some super store like Furniture store, or home depot i know it sound  crazy but hell girl can have a dream right smile
Waht you think MM ...is it duable...i talking about nice artistic nude , glamour .

Sep 12 06 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

RRCPhoto wrote:

Heck, ya!  An RMT..without a doubt (that's what it is up here..not sure if the registered massage therapist designation is the same in the states..is it?)...I screwed up my back being an atypical Canadian and playing hockey..and after lugging around all this gear for an on location shoot...I'd probably give half of it away to an RMT that offered...well, maybe not quite that much...but yeah, I can understand what you are saying...*but* wouldn't they also say something to the affect as .. "I'm a registered / licensed masause .. would you care to trade..etc,etc,etc.." so in other words...start it off by mentioning the fact that you are a professional in that field so it doesn't have immediately a weird feel to it.
The fact that he didn't mention any professional accreditations makes it sound slimy.  (IMHO)

Of course.  If the person sounded like Joey from friends and he said "hey baby how about a massage?", then yea, run don't walk.
But there seems to be somewhat of a language barrier here so I can't be sure how the subject was broached.  Go Wings.

Sep 12 06 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

Rabbit86 wrote:

What Clio award hehe i hope id dint start any revolution here smile
Some time i am in the mood for nice chat with new people, specialy with people who seems like understand me better then any one else on the net smile
.....let keep it going smile
I hope it allowed here to post your dream shoot smile
I REALY REALY like to do shoot with girl in public place, it just my biggest dream with cute sexy gril me aand her in public park or some super store like Furniture store, or home depot i know it sound  crazy but hell girl can have a dream right smile
Waht you think MM ...is it duable...i talking about nice artistic nude , glamour .

None of us really want to post here we are just here to look at your avatar.  lol

Sep 12 06 09:41 pm Link

Photographer

Benjamen McGuire

Portland, Oregon, US

Hej, jak się masz?

Once I had a woman offer to trade massage for photos, turned out she owned a massage parlor and wanted weekly photos of a rare plant as it grew. The guy that contacted you is PROBABLY a pervert but it's best to politely decline than simply not respond.

-Edit- You could come to my town and be naked anywhere you want. I'd photograph you nude in front of the new federal building even.

Sep 12 06 09:41 pm Link

Photographer

Howard Garcia

New York, New York, US

Rabbit86 wrote:
Born and grow up In poland was just visiting US ( Boston MA) this year, second time and my very good friend find in me model tallent , find me first photographer and make all humanly possible to avoid some "idiots" and meet best professionals during my 3 months stay in US, and now i dont think i can life without it smile

So you're here in the US as a VISITOR for 3 months?
When are you going back (if you are going back at all)?

Sep 12 06 10:11 pm Link

Photographer

Rudder

Costa Mesa, California, US

e-string wrote:
Let's do it! heehee. And I'LL barter for massage with her. No cameras allowed for that part, however. tongue

Is it me? Or is it getting warm in here? lol

Joe

Sep 12 06 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

DOD Images wrote:

Is it me? Or is it getting warm in here? lol

Joe

Don't worry about the temperature going up in here -- it's just a little thing she does.

wink

Sep 12 06 10:30 pm Link

Photographer

Rudder

Costa Mesa, California, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
Don't worry about the temperature going up in here -- it's just a little thing she does.

wink

First I notice her awesome portfolio, then her level headed and reasonable posts, and now she turns up the heat. My my. lol

Joe

Sep 12 06 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

Howard Garcia wrote:

Mr. Garcia, you say that with exactly the same tone and inquisition of an immigration officer.

Sep 12 06 11:47 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Pat Thielen wrote:

wink

Then why am I always cold? LOL

Sep 12 06 11:49 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

e-string wrote:

Then why am I always cold? LOL

Because you keep giving off your heat! A-duhhh! And besides that, you're probably cold from posing with crazy-ass photographers that make you wear very little clothes (or none) in the middle of winter. Oh, wait... Do'h! I'm not that crazy, I assure you!

How about a shot of you swimming in water surrounded by ice? I'll bet you've already done that though... wink

Sep 12 06 11:54 pm Link

Photographer

RRCPhoto

Click Hamilton wrote:

Mr. Garcia, you say that with exactly the same tone and inquisition of an immigration officer.

I hear it's alot easier to immigrate to Canada *smiles*

Sep 13 06 12:07 am Link

Photographer

RRCPhoto

markcomp wrote:
Go Wings.

*cough* Go leafs! *cough*

we'll all miss Stevie Y .. class act.  Yeah, I know..off topic.

Sep 13 06 12:09 am Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Pat Thielen wrote:

Because you keep giving off your heat! A-duhhh! And besides that, you're probably cold from posing with crazy-ass photographers that make you wear very little clothes (or none) in the middle of winter. Oh, wait... Do'h! I'm not that crazy, I assure you!

How about a shot of you swimming in water surrounded by ice? I'll bet you've already done that though... wink

Not quite, but here's what I did do in March (and up north, that's still winter):
Waded out about 5 feet in a creek that was still icing out, lay in some snow on a little island with my feet still in the water, and did 2 different poses. Then had to wade back to shore. Scariest thing I've ever done for a shoot because I couldn't feel my feet after 30 seconds!

Sep 13 06 12:14 am Link

Model

Rabbit86

Howard Garcia wrote:

This year it all done with modeling in US , but i will be coming back ( i hope January 2007) and i hope you guys will remember me then smile so i can keep my body expose and make some money smile

Sep 13 06 05:20 am Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

Rabbit86 wrote:

Thank you e-string for too cute comment smile kisses

dont shoot with him...thats just too weird

Sep 13 06 05:31 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Karen Garlick

New Haven, Connecticut, US

Rabbit86 wrote:

This year it all done with modeling in US , but i will be coming back ( i hope January 2007) and i hope you guys will remember me then smile so i can keep my body expose and make some money smile

Just a question but has anyone else noticed the change in quality of the op's english as you all have conversed?
nice port though.

Sep 13 06 05:39 am Link

Photographer

Howard Garcia

New York, New York, US

Click Hamilton wrote:

REally?
Oh sorry, I didn't notice.  wink

I just want to know how long will she be "available" to work in the US.
wink

Sep 13 06 07:40 am Link

Photographer

Howard Garcia

New York, New York, US

Sep 13 06 07:47 am Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

This young ladies typing is sooooooooooooooo Cute!!!
Then, I looked at her port and she is sooooooooooo Cute!!
E-string: please let me be a fly on that wall?

Anyway, good luck to the OP!
T.

Sep 13 06 07:56 am Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

Click Hamilton wrote:

haha.  That is funny.

Sep 13 06 08:16 am Link

Model

Rabbit86

Howard Garcia wrote:

REally?
Oh sorry, I didn't notice.  wink

I just want to know how long will she be "available" to work in the US.
wink

This year it will not be possible but january i hope i come back and starting from january i hoep you all will remember your intentions to work with little Rabbit smile

Sep 13 06 04:44 pm Link