Forums > General Industry > GWC and proud of it !

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

No professional training , too lazy to read the manuals for my cameras , usually shoot on automatic settings ( cuz the rest confuses me ) , phtograph as a hobby/not trying to make any real money , dont consider myself very good , nor my efforts in any way to be "artistic '..........

Picked up the camera just to meet interesting people , fashion models , world music  stars etc

And I cant keep up with the flood of opportunities that have come my way .....

Sep 12 06 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

I looked at your port and wasn't going to say anything, but if you're outting yourself....

Just kidding.. wink

Sep 12 06 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

neat

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Garry k wrote:
No professional training , too lazy to read the manuals for my cameras , usually shoot on automatic settings ( cuz the rest confuses me ) , phtograph as a hobby/not trying to make any real money , dont consider myself very good , not my efforts in any way to be "artistic '..........

Picked up the camera just to meet interesting people , fashion models , world music  stars etc

So  by this thread you say what?

That you take pride in your work?  GWC's annoy you?

I'm not getting the point.

Sep 12 06 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

Sienna Hambleton

Toledo, Ohio, US

Okay, I can't help but be curious.

Sep 12 06 03:00 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Uumm, the point of this thread is what... to let people know how successful you are without even trying... woo hoo... good for you...

Sep 12 06 03:18 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Garry k wrote:
No professional training , too lazy to read the manuals for my cameras , usually shoot on automatic settings ( cuz the rest confuses me ) , phtograph as a hobby/not trying to make any real money , dont consider myself very good , not my efforts in any way to be "artistic '..........

Honesty is a wonderful thing.

Sep 12 06 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

Taurus Artworks

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Garry k wrote:

Don't despair, maybe someday you'll become an MM VIP member like me... it can happen...

Sep 12 06 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

This thread is about the equivalent of my "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups" t-shirt..

It doesn't actually say anything about anyone specifically, but it weeds out the underconfident by the reactions it gets..

Of course it also makes the wearer look like a bit of an ass..

- an ass.

Sep 12 06 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

Golden Light

Miami, Florida, US

One of the biggest lessions that MM has to teach.  It is the person not the pic. You got people skills. Looks like shooting 100 events has tought you lots about Photography. You have cause to feel good about your self. Still kinda stupid thread. You are not a GWC.

Sep 12 06 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

Golden Light

Miami, Florida, US

Lamonica wrote:
Uumm, the point of this thread is what... to let people know how successful you are without even trying... woo hoo... good for you...

Lamonica is so beautyful. I wish you were closer.

Sep 12 06 03:40 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Golden Light wrote:

Lamonica is so beautyful. I wish you were closer.

Hahaha... this is the third time someone has said that in a thread and it had absolutely nothing to do with what we were discussing...hahahah

Sep 12 06 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

markEdwardPhoto

Trumbull, Connecticut, US

Yep! Exactly I have to agree.

Sep 12 06 03:59 pm Link

Model

TheArchon

Pemberton, New Jersey, US

Lamonica wrote:

Hahaha... this is the third time someone has said that in a thread and it had absolutely nothing to do with what we were discussing...hahahah

Here's a fourth.
I have to agree you are quite pleasing to the eye.

Sep 12 06 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

Warren Leimbach

Tampa, Florida, US

Garry k wrote:

I don't know what "GWC" means but it sounds like you have a good assistant.

Sep 12 06 07:08 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

TheArchon wrote:

Here's a fourth.
I have to agree you are quite pleasing to the eye.

Hahahaha.... Thanks both of you... I guess this is love Lamonica week smile

Sep 12 06 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Lamonica wrote:

Love your avatar ,Lamonica

Sep 12 06 10:42 pm Link