Forums > General Industry > TV Show: "Fashion House"

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I am posting this in General Mayhem, but it could be borderline OT.

Anyway, I came home last night from fashionweek-work and while editing images, I stumbled over that show "Fashion House" about 15 minutes into the program.

Not sure about you guys, but I have seen the commercial for that show for weeks and was curious how's it going to be.

Now, seeing it the first time, I am kinda confused on what this is all really about... and...

... who is this narrator, and why does the show need a narrator anyway?

Is the script so stupid, or are the viewers so stupid that someone has to explain what just happened on the screen or is about to happen?

I have more the impression that this is nothing more than a soap opera, styled up for primetime.

Sofar, I am not sure if I will see another episode, but I know for sure I will certainly not "plan" to watch it.

I have never worked in a fashion company, but I know that politics and gossip is found everywhere in business... but this show seems to farfetched and when I see the "runway photographers" sitting all on the side of the catwalk in the style of the 1950's insted at the end of the runway where the press corps has it's usual position... I can just give three thumbs down out of two... neutral

Sep 11 06 10:35 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

It's supposed to be the English version of one of those Mexican tellenovellas (sp?) so maybe that's what they're saying and I've just never understood it.  Desire, the show that comes on before it, is the same thing.  I don't think it translates very well.

Sep 11 06 10:40 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Ok, quick. What's the last movie or TV show you saw that portrayed anything associated with the fashion industry, or anything related to it, in anything even vaguely approaching reality, on any level?

Sep 11 06 02:52 pm Link

Model

StacyJack

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Marko Cecic-Karuzic wrote:
Ok, quick. What's the last movie or TV show you saw that portrayed anything associated with the fashion industry, or anything related to it, in anything even vaguely approaching reality, on any level?

Dallas?

no... thats not right....

Sep 11 06 02:55 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Hey Udo!
What you were watching was a re-cap that they are doing.

My Network TV has two shows "Fashion House and Desrie" that will air 5 days a week (M-F) for 13 weeks. Then on
Saturday of each week is an hour long re-cap of each. The re-caps have a narrator. The seeries don't.

So what you were watching was only clips. Like reading a soap opera magazine or something.

Sep 11 06 02:59 pm Link

Model

_Cinnamon_

San Francisco, California, US

Crazy-Evil Angelus wrote:
Hey Udo!
What you were watching was a re-cap that they are doing.

My Network TV has two shows "Fashion House and Desrie" that will air 5 days a week (M-F) for 13 weeks. Then on
Saturday of each week is an hour long re-cap of each. The re-caps have a narrator. The seeries don't.

So what you were watching was only clips. Like reading a soap opera magazine or something.

Hehe. Angelus, why do you know this?

Sep 11 06 07:16 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

_Cinnamon_ wrote:
Hehe. Angelus, why do you know this?

yikes
::looks around room before he answers::

Umm...
Umm...

I'll have to get back to you on that. smile

Sep 11 06 08:42 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

Yeah, Angelus is right. The show on sat was a preview/recap...whatever.

Plus Donna Feldman (mm 26436) is on the show, and she's hot. I watch it.

Sep 11 06 08:51 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

i have been working on an english novella for my network tv (its the name of the channel that all of them are on) that is going to come out after fashion house and desire are over in december or november.

for those that are not aware, the novellas are basically soap operas that end.. as opposed to a show having like 6 different actresses playing "carly" over the span of 10 years (totally pulled that out of thin air, not sure it is entirely valid).

it is like a soap opera miniseries...

Sep 12 06 01:34 am Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Project Runway?

Sep 12 06 02:17 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Star wrote:
Project Runway?

That is correct!

I'll shoot the "Project Runway" runway show on Friday morning at NYC Fashion Week.

Yet, I don't watch that show, but saw occasional an episode.

Sep 12 06 08:22 am Link