Forums > General Industry > I need help finding the right agencies

Model

Nikolas Anthony

Minneapolis, Kansas, US

Lately I've been looking into different modeling agencies.
I'm having a hard time finding any that would seem to take interest in a look like my own. Most of them I've looked at all seem to be more suitable for a more commercial or an average looking style / model, if that makes sense. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any agencies out there that use models with more of a non-typical look. Preferrably in the midwest, LA, or NY.
Or I guess the next question would be do agencies even exist that interest in marketing looks such as mine?

If you could help me out I would appreciate it greatly. I just think it wouldn't make much sense to be sending things out to agencies that have no interest in my style / look.

Thank you for reading this and for your time.

-Nikolas Anthony

Post script-
(Before you jump down my throat, haha) I do realize that there is a lot of work to be done before you can think your able to just waltz into an agency and think they will hire you. And I realize I have beyond a lot of work to do before I can really even consider going to agencies but I'm just kind of wanting this for my own knowledge and to help me choose what areas to improve on etc. to find the right market for my look.

But again thank you.
Best of luck to you all.

Sep 11 06 02:54 am Link

Model

Cristina Ashley

Buffalo, Illinois, US

I think I remember someone telling me the dragon agency in LA accepts people with tattoos and such....but i'm not sure if that is correct or not...

Sep 11 06 02:57 am Link

Model

Nikolas Anthony

Minneapolis, Kansas, US

Thank you for your reply. I'll look into it. Take care.

Sep 11 06 03:52 am Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

Nikolas Anthony wrote:
Lately I've been looking into different modeling agencies.
I'm having a hard time finding any that would seem to take interest in a look like my own. Most of them I've looked at all seem to be more suitable for a more commercial or an average looking style / model, if that makes sense. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any agencies out there that use models with more of a non-typical look. Preferrably in the midwest, LA, or NY.
Or I guess the next question would be do agencies even exist that interest in marketing looks such as mine?

If you could help me out I would appreciate it greatly. I just think it wouldn't make much sense to be sending things out to agencies that have no interest in my style / look.

Thank you for reading this and for your time.

-Nikolas Anthony

Post script-
(Before you jump down my throat, haha) I do realize that there is a lot of work to be done before you can think your able to just waltz into an agency and think they will hire you. And I realize I have beyond a lot of work to do before I can really even consider going to agencies but I'm just kind of wanting this for my own knowledge and to help me choose what areas to improve on etc. to find the right market for my look.

But again thank you.
Best of luck to you all.

I don't think your look is that strange\non-typical. The piercings can be removed, and you have one tattoo.
Unless you only want to model a specific style, which will greatly limit you. Try to present yourself to an agency as a blank canvas for them to work with. However, your height may be an issue...
And actually, you can just waltz on into an agency, and get signed, if you have the look\stats they want. No portfolio\experience required....

Sep 11 06 04:07 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Iris Swope wrote:
And actually, you can just waltz on into an agency, and get signed, if you have the look\stats they want. No portfolio\experience required....

Yep!  Recommended reading:

Models, if you want an agency...
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=63929

Sep 12 06 06:12 pm Link