Forums > General Industry > serendipity

Photographer

jasontheartist

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

With all the possibilties in lighting and postioning and any of the other millions of ways to produce a piece of art.....ever had something happen by accident and look damn good and put it in your port like you meant to do it just that way?

serendipity doesnt get the credit it deserves.

Sep 10 06 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Solo

Miami, Arizona, US

I am always looking for those happy accidents. Although like Enstein, I beleive that "God does not play dice with the universe" or with my camera. It's all part of some grand celestial scheme.

Sep 10 06 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

Very good point to bring up.Happens all the time,I doubt anyone knows exactly what the final image will look like,Yes they have a pretty good idea,but experience ,skills learned etc all help it come together.It's also why bracketting hasn't gone out of style,I don't mean exposure,i mean trying different versions of the same thing over and over,luckly accident slips in and you have it!

Sep 10 06 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

My favorite shot in my stuff was largely accidental/happenstance. I'll take it.

http://justinonimus.com/alone.jpg

Sep 10 06 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

jasontheartist wrote:
With all the possibilties in lighting and postioning and any of the other millions of ways to produce a piece of art.....ever had something happen by accident and look damn good and put it in your port like you meant to do it just that way?

serendipity doesnt get the credit it deserves.

"Chance favors the prepared mind" [Louis Pasteur]

On the other hand, if something happens through 'good luck', why not accept it? We're forced to accept 'bad luck'.

Sep 10 06 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

anyone who claims solo credit for his/her best work is not being entirely honest. call it what you will, serendipity, the muse, random factor, or the cosmic muffin, all we can really do is hope we are paying attention when it tugs at our sleeve. If we are, the result usually goes in the book.

Sep 11 06 05:53 am Link

Photographer

Dean Solo

Miami, Arizona, US

oldguysrule wrote:
call it what you will, serendipity, the muse, random factor, or the cosmic muffin

The Puffinstuff Factor?

Sep 11 06 10:21 pm Link