Forums > General Industry > {(())}Reasons why other models are better{(())}

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Reasons why other models are better than me and/or other models..... List why you think your better, or why others are. In your opinion what do you think means a "better" model?

Sep 09 06 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

silli boi

;-)

Sep 09 06 08:49 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

Straight up-everyone who has more experience and/or creativity than me and always has fabulous marketing pics and comp cards to keep their agencies fully supplied and just about always get the best assignments. In other words, the strictly land-based went to an agency at age 13 and got hired on the spot with no cost for new pics, and never needed much in the way of fancy education or money to pay for anything after that professionals. *stands on a table* Now, how many of those are there? Hahahaa...

Sep 09 06 08:53 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

Other models are better than me because:
they are taller
they are thinner
they give more appropriate expressions for a specific shot than I do
&
they pose more creatively than me
There you go, my modeling insecurities. What are yours mr op?

Sep 09 06 08:54 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Vincent Vega wrote:
Reasons why other models are better than me and/or other models..... List why you think your better, or why others are. In your opinion what do you think means a "better" model?

Vinni
models are going to be liked for different reasons.  Do you think that Claudia is better than Tyra, or that Tyson is better than Channing?  They have widespread appeal for different reasons.  All the names I mentioned do what they do extremely well because they have learned, grown, evolved, etc.  As will you.  As will I.

Sep 09 06 10:24 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

I think it has something to do with genetics...

Sep 10 06 12:20 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

That's a dumb question.

Sep 10 06 12:21 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

I don't think modeling is for you.

You are way way way too insecure.

Which is a shame, because your pretty good looking.

Sep 10 06 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Meade

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'm a little confused about how to answer this...but here goes...

I thing what makes some models better than others is knowledge and desire.....not so much looks...the way you look matters more on a project to project basis.  I think all models have their niche.  but the ones eho make their mark and become better than the rest are the ones dedicated to their job.  they constantly study...not only poses...but photographers...they shoot all the time (even if that means paying a great photographers rates just to get in front of their lens). they then study their own images,and can honestly critique themselves, and make changes and tweeks on every shoot, and with that the model becomes more familiar with their own body...learning what looks best for them (otherwise known as "learning your angles").

to be the best you have to put everything into it....if you aren't willing to dedicate yourself....then you are just wasting your time.

Sep 10 06 01:57 pm Link