Forums > General Industry > Ever thought about acting?

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Ok, this is a genuine question. Why is it, that when a girl is too short or too whatever(something that makes her "not" a model) people(on this site at least) ask if she's ever considered acting? Usually the girl is pretty good looking, thin but just too short.

Sep 09 06 04:16 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

It's probably the most closely related field.. and a person could reach similar goals by acting if he or she can't make it as a model for some reason.

Sep 09 06 04:21 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I have a bunch of petite friends who make a decent amount of money in Los Angeles as actors.  As pretty as these girls are, I don't think they'd have quite as much success modelling unless they went into the adult side of things.

(And even then, the one I know who DID still made more money as a very in-demand stripper.)

I've done some film work here in Seattle, but don't make enough to pay union fees (which means I can't even audition for a lot of stuff anymore without pissing them off).  Unless you're in LA or possibly Vancouver BC, it's not really feasible.

If you want it badly enough, you have to move.

Sep 09 06 06:02 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

I love acting and I'm auditioning for 2 shows on Monday. Trouble is, nobody's let me in a show in 5 years.

Sep 09 06 06:07 pm Link