Forums > General Industry > Reminicsing :My favorite Maroon ( descendent )

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Gotta be Buju Banton - descended from the Jamaican  Maroons ( former slaves who successfully waged guerrilla warfare against the British .....)

"Walk LIke a Champion
Talk Like a Champion........."

http://www.myspace.com/bujubanton

Sep 07 06 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

My favorite was Gilligan. How he got them all stuck on that island...and kept screwing up their chances of getting off! Hysterical!

Should I be flattered that one of my threads sparked a nonsensical copycat because of a lack of interpretive skills by the OP? Or no?

Sep 07 06 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Sleepy Weasel wrote:
My favorite was Gilligan. How he got them all stuck on that island...and kept screwing up their chances of getting off! Hysterical!

Should I be flattered that one of my threads sparked a nonsensical copycat because of a lack of interpretive skills by the OP? Or no?

Actually if you checked your Websters you would find that the primary meaning of Maroon relates to "fugitive black slaves " adn the seondary meaning relates to someone marooned on a desert Island ...So your post was referring to which of the two ?

Sep 08 06 12:22 am Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Garry k wrote:
Actually if you checked your Websters you would find that the primary meaning of Maroon relates to "fugitive black slaves " adn the seondary meaning relates to someone marooned on a desert Island ...So your post was referring to which of the two ?

First, you assume I mean the first meaning, even though it makes no sense in the context I used it in.

Second - I'm very sorry that you have zero knowledge of U.S. pop culture - even after it was described in one of my replies in that thread.

It's sad you had to start a thread completely unrelated to anything involving this site. What's even more sad is that I replied.

I'll let myself out--thanks.

Sep 08 06 12:41 am Link