Forums > General Industry > Care to Share?

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Your list of flakey models and their flakey excuses? After not hearing from her in two days, this morning I sent an email to an email to model confirming our shoot later today. Her response:

Hey I am sorry I am going to have to cancel. All yseterday I had serious problems with my tooth. I just realized now that I have an abcess tooth and the whole side of my left mouth is swallon.. I can not even chew. I have a dentist appointment at 3 oclock hopefully everything will be alright. I am sorry I have to cancel I was really excited to be working wtih you. Hopefully we can reschedule!

A couple of weeks ago, the excuse from another model was a freon hose burst and she couldn't drive her car...

Yeah yeah.. I have my list if anyone wants to swap..

Sep 07 06 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

my favorite general situation is when you email someone like a week before the shoot to confirm, and the model goes, "Oh, i meant to email you, but [insert excuse]."

the excuse is really irrelevant to me at this point. what gets me is that if you KNEW you'd be cancelling, why did you wait until i contacted you? if you MEANT to email to tell me... why didn't you? this happens on almost 90% of my cancellations. it's a right phenomenon.

[edit] and PS: EMG, i can't imagine why anyone would cancel on you unless they were dying.

Sep 07 06 09:30 am Link

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

phone call one week after the no show
    Her: " I was on my way to the shoot and i got into a car accident.I was in a coma all week and just woke up!"
    ME: Ha-Ha
  I kid you not!

Sep 07 06 01:29 pm Link