Forums > General Industry > How a Casting works....

Photographer

markEdwardPhoto

Trumbull, Connecticut, US

When you see a Casting Call for Models this is how it usually (Suppose) works:

First the Casting Call Should Announce the Time, Date, Location and the types of Models they are looking for.

What you do as a Model is:

1. Read the Casting Very carefully so not to confuse any detail

2. Go to the Casting at the Exact location, at the Exact time, and the Exact Day.

3. When you get to the Casting you will bring your Book and/or Comp Card.

4. You will fill out any contact sheet they might have with the correct information.

5. You will wear appropriate clothing and bring any type of clothing that might be asked of you (i.e. High heel shoes).

6. You will meet with the people holding the casting. Answer all the questions they might have and possibly have a snap photo taken.

7. You will then pick up all you stuff and leave.

Do not email those that are casting the shoot. A Casting is when you go to a location and meet with those producing the photoshoot. They need to physically see you and evaluate you. They need to see if you fit the look they are looking for.

Unless the Casting Call asks for it, do not email pics or information. You need to physically go to the shoot with you Book or Comp Card and meet them. Most cases your emails will be just deleted.

Casting is very quick and direct. It should take no more than 5 minutes of your time. It is not a chat session, nor is it a place to state your case on why you should do the shoot.

If they ask for specific Race, Color, Size, Shape in the Casting the only go if you fit. If you go otherwise you will not be building any good bridges, it is a very small industry.

Good luck.

M

Sep 06 06 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Good post Mark, can't tell you how many times I've tried an online casting call only to receive emails asking questions and telling me how they would love to to the job. Very aggrevating.

Sep 07 06 08:02 am Link