Forums > General Industry > Classic Pin-up Project (poses)

Photographer

Steve Simon Photography

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

I'm working on a project that will have a classic pin-up appeal and I am looking for an all-hands-on-deck collection of suggestions. I need to locate a large collection of pin-up images for pose selection. I also need some suggestions/input on outfit selections. I have several models lined up that will absolutely kill in this genre and a great location. Any props, poses, outfit ideas, and general ideas on the subjust are more than welcome.

Anyone know of any books or magazines that specialize in this particular style/genre that I might be able to reference? Many Thanks.

-Steve
www.simonlive.net

Sep 06 06 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

warrenlee

San Francisco, California, US

Check the Inspiration link in my blog

http://lunchboxphoto.blogspot.com

Sep 06 06 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

West Images

Sacramento, California, US

It's obvious that the NET, is the best place to get ideas! (Just type in "PIN-UP Photography") and away you go.

As for here on MM, check these 3 "MASTERS".....

MM # 8781
MM # 2202
MM # 116

Then, I look at their FRIENDS, their TAGS, Etc.  It takes you about as DEEP as you ever wanted to go.

Study the look, the clothes, the props, the cars, the hair doo's, etc.

Personal Note:....."WinkyTiki" has the look I'm hoping for...Pin-up with a SPLASH of Hawaiiana!

Good luck with your project and ALOHA

Sep 06 06 10:15 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Simon Photography

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

warrenlee wrote:
Check the Inspiration link in my blog

http://lunchboxphoto.blogspot.com

These are great. This is is the sort of inspiration I am looking for. I love the hairstyle btw. Keep em coming.

Sep 06 06 11:32 pm Link

Sep 12 06 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

AU fotografia

Houston, Texas, US

OR.. you can go to a library yikes

Sep 12 06 06:58 pm Link

Model

Aurora Natrix

Miami, Florida, US

When I think of classic pin-up I think of Vargas. Check him out if you haven't already.

Sep 12 06 11:02 pm Link

Photographer

digital Artform

Los Angeles, California, US

Sep 12 06 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

SIXEIGHTSTUDIOS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Vargas if you lack imagination and just want to shoot naked women, the real inspiration is Gil Elvgren.

Sep 12 06 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

Ephotique

Prescott, Arizona, US

SIXEIGHTSTUDIOS wrote:
Vargas if you lack imagination and just want to shoot naked women...

Hmmmm... what an interesting opinion.  I shoot a lot of Vargas and never considered myself to be lacking in imagination.  (...and all of Vargas work is not nude (see below.)

Your own work is quite outstanding... so why the generic, broad slam on Vargas work?  Inspiration is where ever you find it... whether it is Elvgren, Vargas or CoolGirlieStuff! :-)

John

https://www.eckertphotoimaging.com/WebImages/Pinup/Dyanamaria_00112_8x10.jpg

Sep 13 06 07:55 am Link