Forums > General Industry > Model did cheesy nudes from photog should I ...

Photographer

markEdwardPhoto

Trumbull, Connecticut, US

should I tell her that they are nasty and that she should never show them anywhere.

Some photog here in CT talked one of her employees (at his regular job) to a shoot nudes for him. The images are just bad.

We are talking pics of the photographer in the mirror, radiators and green carpent in the background, out of focus, and unflattering poses.

I know her and like her, should I tell her to destroy them and never shoot with this guy (Her Boss)..

M

P.S. I know and she now knows this was a bad decision in the first place. So, lets not go there.

Sep 05 06 08:36 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

If she knows it was a bad decision, why is she using the shots?

Just have some tact. Suggest that perhaps she can find a better photographer who will get more flattering images of her.

Sep 05 06 08:43 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Ziff

Los Angeles, California, US

i think that unless you're being paid for your managerial input, it's really subjective and ultimately the model's decision.

Model

Yaocihuatl

London, England, United Kingdom

If she knows it was a bad decision, wouldn't she decide not to show them around anyway?

But yeah, basically a friend tells a friend when they have something green in their teeth, when their skirt is tucked into their pants or encourages them to grow their hair after a REALLy bad cut..

I guess you could look over the images with her, give an honest critique and offer to help her reshoot maybe?  Although it does get more complicated if the tog is her boss...

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

People like new and improved and if it means new and improved is actually tacky and sucky.

Gentle postive honesty is a good thing.

Sep 05 06 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

Stanley

"so what do you think of those photos i took with xxx?" her

"mmm.. honestly?" you

"yeah, honesty isthe best policy." her

"mmmm.." you

"so you don't like'em?" her

"do i have to?" you

"not if you don't" her

"thank god, i thought i was about to throw up in my mouth!" you.

Sep 05 06 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Yaocihuatl wrote:
But yeah, basically a friend tells a friend when they have something green in their teeth, when their skirt is tucked into their pants or encourages them to grow their hair after a REALLy bad cut..

Skirt is tucked into her pants? Aren't skirts usually worn without pants?

Sep 06 06 12:00 am Link

Photographer

J Merrill Images

Harvey, Illinois, US

Her boss talked her into nudes? LMAO ....  DO NOT tell her to destroy the photos!!!  She is sitting on a raise, a promotion, a big fat bonus and whatever else she wants!

Sep 06 06 12:05 am Link

Photographer

Allure Vision

Atlanta, Georgia, US

J Merrill Images wrote:
Her boss talked her into nudes? LMAO ....  DO NOT tell her to destroy the photos!!!  She is sitting on a raise, a promotion, a big fat bonus and whatever else she wants!

I agree LOL! And oh! You forgot a huge lawsuit!!!

Sep 06 06 12:10 am Link

Photographer

Antonio Carrasco

that is pretty ballsy for boss to ask an employee to pose nude for photos. that would never fly in my office...

Sep 06 06 12:11 am Link

Photographer

Hope Parr

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

so where are these photo posted, I want to see just how bad they are

Sep 06 06 12:34 am Link

Photographer

Stanley

Stephen Melvin wrote:

Skirt is tucked into her pants? Aren't skirts usually worn without pants?

everywhere else in the world pants = panties.

in the united states, pants = those unattractive leggings seen being worn by all women in california.

Sep 06 06 12:44 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Do NOT say anything unless she ASKS for your opinion.  Otherwise you'll look catty or controlling or something.

Sep 06 06 12:47 am Link