Los Angeles, California, US

They do go hand in hand..

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/vmcdee/tan.jpg

Sep 06 06 05:33 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

studio36uk wrote:

Including being the tea boy and general sweeper upper, too. Absolutely.

Studio36

Toilet cleaner,roll replacer,nanny,substance abuse  advisor,wet shoulder holder,etc I'm in.

Sep 06 06 05:49 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Stenhouse

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

There's nothing liking setting bible script in all uppercase, tracking it in nice and tight, maybe horizontally scale 80%, skew it 15% and add a drop shadow. Nice logo. Oh, and use Hobo for your tagline. Nothing says classy like hobo.

Sep 06 06 10:48 am Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

White River Junction, Vermont, US

QOL wrote:
There's nothing liking setting bible script in all uppercase, tracking it in nice and tight, maybe horizontally scale 80%, skew it 15% and add a drop shadow. Nice logo. Oh, and use Hobo for your tagline. Nothing says classy like hobo.

My personal pet peeve is Sand. Summer is coming to an end, so we are blissfully not going to see it so much on ads for water parks and summer entertainment stuff.

Unfortunately, we are getting into the Halloween season, and will see it used and abused for everything "spooky". Ugh.

Sep 06 06 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Kruppaworks

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

I started doing more photography out of necessity with the freelance design work I was doing.  Both are still just a low-paying hobby at this point, but I had to start coming up with my own backgrounds and textures for different design jobs.  Then I got hooked on the photographic element.  Now I'm slowly learning the art of photographing people as well as close-up, landscape and whatever else happens to catch my eye.  It makes perfect sense for visual artists of any stripe to branch out.  It's all connected.

Jason

Sep 06 06 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Stenhouse

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Personally,

I think photographers tend to use copperplate way to much... ha ha I did. Futura as well. Maybe it's best to stick Goudy. Though I'm toying with the idea of using Frutiger or Gil Sans.

I need to build a site this week... yikes.. better get off line.

Sep 06 06 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

hallopino

Palatine, Illinois, US

I get more jobs walking in as a graphic designer who can take a good photo much more then I can just walking in as a photographer. Just a better demand.

Sep 06 06 01:08 pm Link

Photographer

Kruppaworks

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

I've used Franklin Gothic for liner notes/lyrics in CD booklets.  It's a nice clean font, easy to read, and not TOO terribly overused (though it was in one of the booklets for one of the volumes of Bob Dylan's Bootleg Series CDs a few years back).  I love collecting fonts, I just wish they weren't so damned expensive.

Jason

Sep 06 06 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Here here. I am one. Actually if you want to make it in photography nowadays, you have to be more than just a photographer. Adapt.

I am doing the graphic design thing in school too. I was doing it before, but will have a much better hands on in this field. I want to be able to apply this in my major, advertisement photography.

Sep 06 06 02:38 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Legacys 7 wrote:
Here here. I am one. Actually if you want to make it in photography nowadays, you have to be more than just a photographer. Adapt.

I am doing the graphic design thing in school too. I was doing it before, but will have a much better hands on in this field. I want to be able to apply this in my major, advertisement photography.

Absolutely right on mark!

I imageine it might be a different story large market areas where there is usually plenty of any vocation to draw on. I'm in a very small market and having been a relative newcomer, only 10 years now, the market was pretty saturated with studios that have been around since forever.......so I thought it best not to open another one since photography studios have very high mortality rates even in the best of times.

But I did manage to land a graphic designers position with the local paper. Did that for eight years. Of course had to put up with a lot of corporate bullshit. But it did get me known in the area for my design work. Once I started using my own photography in client ads that got me noticed until now I'm back on my own working from home doing both.

The work breaks down about 75% photography and 25% graphic design. But many times I design a promo piece and leave it with a client. That gets me even more work. Last time was yesterday. Landed me a food photoshoot, a menu design and a art show all from one client. Not bad for a small market!

Sep 06 06 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Sep 06 06 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

Mark J. Sebastian

Am I the only interactive designer?

Sep 09 06 01:46 am Link