Forums > General Industry > Legends in their Own Minds and in Cyberspace?

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Isnt that  only truelly possible  and achievable outcome for the majority of MMer ( models and  photographers alike )

But as Ive heard more than once ( when I play the lottery ) isnt the fantasy alone worth  2 bucks ,,,,

Dream ( our ) little dreams ....dream , dream .dream "  ( hums a few more bars )

Sep 05 06 02:37 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Reminds me of one of the all time great interview bloopers. A spokesperson for the UK's national lottery which uses the catch phrase is "It could be YOU but who, during an interview with a member of the press, said "But it probably won't be..."

That was great for sales! LOL

Or, Gerald Ratner, best known as the former millionaire chief executive of the major British jewellery chain Ratners Jewellery, when he achieved notoriety after he responded to the question "How can you sell your products so cheaply?" with "Because it's crap!" The company sank faster than the Titanic... with the same "gone but not forgotten" effect.

Fully engage brain before operating mouth.

Studio36

Sep 05 06 07:04 am Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I think I can speak for quite a number of MMers when I say that no doubt the "Legend in his own mind" phrase can be applied to the OP.

Sep 05 06 08:41 am Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

MORRISDALE, Pennsylvania, US

Legend in your own mind, or just having fun? You decide!

mjr.

Sep 05 06 09:00 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

what is a legend but a myth. T

here are some people, some from mm, that i have met, who need not be legends because they are truly artists in this life, in reality. These are the people I came to this site to find, and they have, many of them, become my friends in real life. I am proud to have worked hard to cull the wheat from the chaff, and have found many jewels here.

P.S. not all of them are big posterbators.

Sep 05 06 09:04 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Lapis wrote:
what is a legend but a myth. T

here are some people, some from mm, that i have met, who need not be legends because they are truly artists in this life, in reality. These are the people I came to this site to find, and they have, many of them, become my friends in real life. I am proud to have worked hard to cull the wheat from the chaff, and have found many jewels here.

P.S. not all of them are big posterbators.

ditto.

Sep 05 06 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Excuse me, it's hardly in my own mind.  My legend is well known at least as far as my living room.

Sep 05 06 01:31 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I don't know, good question.
I'll ask the gallery owner who's showing work I helped to create.
I'll ask the art collectors who have paid over 250.00 for a print.
I'll ask the buyers of a book and book author who have sold over 4000.00 copies of said book.

MM is what you make it some of us work very hard at what we do & some don't it is the same in all places if this world.

Sep 05 06 05:02 pm Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

My Leg-ends at my foot which is firmly planted on the ground.

Sep 05 06 05:07 pm Link

Model

Rachel DellaPorte

Montgomery, New York, US

I "know" a few girls that are so into the internet world of.. well.. "modeling..." that they are convinced in thier heads that they are huge models.... it's really sad actually... sad

But, there are lots of plus's for modeling with the net (my favorite.... that agents can email castings... MUCH easier then doing it over the phone with all the info to convey) -- still, more negatives I'm thinking hmm

Sep 08 06 01:45 pm Link