Forums > General Industry > FRIENDS LIST on MM

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

Gee it seems that a lot of people want to join my friends list.  And that is ok.  But when it comes time for them to chat or hang out they do not have time or they never reply to my stop over and chat sometime. 

So  if they do not have any time to chat or network then why would they want to be on my friends list in the first palce?

Maybe one of those questions that have no answers.  bs

Brain Damage  Pink Floyd
Death is only the Beginning. The Mummy

Aug 07 05 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

Apparently they want the notariaty that comes with many friends but not the responsibility.

Aug 07 05 06:02 pm Link

Model

FarahARABE

New York, New York, US

Also when they request to be your friend but never left you a comment, message, or tag, and u don't know them and have never been in contact prior to that... that's just puzzling.

Aug 07 05 06:21 pm Link

Model

BrandonR

New York, New York, US

friend listing is very similar to OMP's acknowledgements I think

Aug 08 05 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

well.... friends 'list' is so silly anyway... it makes me remember my high school days ...

Aug 08 05 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

BrandonR wrote:

Yes, it is ... but calling it a "friends list" makes it also like MySpace.com  too.  What the purpose is? Well it could be a number of things from true networking to ego boosting and everything in between!

I do try to limit my list to people who are in California, because I'm more likely to work with them, but then I also like to acknowledge some from out of the area that I may someday work with if I travel to that area!  Wooo that was a loooong sentence! LOL

Aug 08 05 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

BrandonR wrote:

I agree.  I do not expect much from it but nice to have.  Can be too much some times and need to delete some to keep organized.

Aug 08 05 11:36 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Yes, I do treat it similiarly to omp, but I only accept the portfolios that seem to show some sort of effort on the part of the photographer/model. Basically, my friends list has a lot of people I respect, and a few people that I think I can get to pay me. Oh...that is the same as my other modelling place. Never mind.

Aug 09 05 01:43 am Link

Photographer

John FuentesPhotography

Corona, California, US

Great Networking tool.  Market yourself! Branding yourself!  But, you must somewhat keep in touch with each person.  A simple tag or comment is needed.  I travel often, so I like to make contacts with people to where I may be traveling!
Works for both parties!
That is my two cents, now how about a penny for your thoughts?
DYNAMO

Aug 09 05 01:47 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

FarahARABE wrote:
Also when they request to be your friend but never left you a comment, message, or tag, and u don't know them and have never been in contact prior to that... that's just puzzling.

I can answer that.
It's like bookmarking, you might admire their work, or want to see how their port grows, maybe they might hit your area or vice versa, and it's like "Hey so and so, i'm on your friends list and i'll be in hicktown and I know you're close by there, perhaps we can shoot?" The friends list being the ideal of approval that you'd work with this model/photog simply based on that principle.

See, that wasn't so hard now, was it?

Aug 09 05 06:08 am Link

Model

Mare15

Fairfield, Connecticut, US

There is also a section where you can save your own favorites without making them public...don't forget that.

There are so many photographers and models whose work I just want to follow over time because I enjoy viewing it...I see no need to send a friends request, I just bookmark them in favorites.

Aug 09 05 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

marksora wrote:

I agree.  I do not expect much from it but nice to have.  Can be too much some times and need to delete some to keep organized.

Is there a thread for friend’s list wishes?

I'd like them organized either alphabetically, by model & photographers or location.

*ducks away from door hitting me in the ass*

Aug 09 05 03:14 pm Link

Model

FarahARABE

New York, New York, US

Monsante Bey wrote:

I can answer that.
It's like bookmarking, you might admire their work, or want to see how their port grows, maybe they might hit your area or vice versa, and it's like "Hey so and so, i'm on your friends list and i'll be in hicktown and I know you're close by there, perhaps we can shoot?" The friends list being the ideal of approval that you'd work with this model/photog simply based on that principle.

See, that wasn't so hard now, was it?

Ooooh ok now I get it! lol

Aug 09 05 03:17 pm Link

Model

TinajaLove

Rawlins, Wyoming, US

You delete some of them to keep organized?  wow, does anyone else accept them, then delete them later? OMP is really different.....

marksora wrote:

Aug 09 05 03:20 pm Link