Forums > General Industry > New York Commercial agencies open calls???

Model

Emma Rice

London, England, United Kingdom

Hello,

I've seen that Ford has an open call for its commercial division - anyone know of any others?

Thanks

Emma
x

Sep 04 06 09:35 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

A distinction is important here:  Ford is not a "commercial agency", they are a fashion agency which has a (rather unique) "commercial print" division.  As such they do not operate like, or generally compete with, the "commercial print" agencies.

To my knowledge there is no good commercial print agency which has an open call.  They all prefer mail-in submissions.  There are some "commercial fashion" agencies which do, but that is a different matter entirely.

Sep 04 06 09:43 am Link

Model

Emma Rice

No offence but I dont see why you feel the distinction is important ... yes ford has a commercial division as well as a fashion division. My question wasn't regarding the agency I was using it as an example my question was regarding other agencies.

:-)

Sep 04 06 09:48 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

The distinction is important if you want to understand the commercial market, the structure of agencies in the city, and Ford's place in it.  If you don't, never mind.

"New York Commercial agencies open calls???"

None.

Some fashion agencies have open calls for their "commercial" divisions, but those are something else entirely from "commercial agencies".

Sep 04 06 09:56 am Link

Model

Emma Rice

My point was that the question was regarding other agencies in New York not Ford itself  - I was merely asking if other agencies with a commercial division had open calls - if the answer is no then that was all I needed.

Ok so maybe I should repost with a clearer title.

Thanks for your reply!

Sep 04 06 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Emma Rice wrote:
I was merely asking if other agencies with a commercial division had open calls

That's not what the title of your thread says.  It says "commercial agencies" - which is very different.

Yes, there are fashion agencies which have open calls, and some of them have commercial divisions.  But that isn't at all the same thing (same market, same types of models) as "commercial agencies".

Sep 04 06 10:03 am Link

Model

Emma Rice

Ok point made!!!!!! The title is incorrect.

If anyone else would like to offer any advice of commercial agencies or fashion agencies with commercial division or anyone of that matter who is based in New York who represents commercial models that would be a great help!

Thank you!

Sep 04 06 10:05 am Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

https://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

Sorry, I just can't help myself. The going back and forth of you two was so cute while it lasted.

Sep 04 06 11:22 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

She's cute.  I'm old.

Sep 04 06 11:25 am Link