Forums > General Industry > Anyone try out for ANTM Cycle 8??

Model

hannahlw

Just curious if anyone else tried out!

Sep 02 06 01:07 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

hannahlw wrote:
Just curious if anyone else tried out!

I don't think participation in that show would benefit to model's career, so I don't know if a lot of people would actually wanna get on there...

Sep 02 06 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

i took pictures for a girl who was told by a scout that she would likely be "in" if she just had a headshot and a swimsuit shot...
i haven't heard back from her since to see if she got accepted or not.

Sep 02 06 03:50 pm Link

Model

hannahlw

You def. get a lot of exposure and if you win your career is catapolted pretty much. Even if you don't win and get 2nd, 3rd or 4th the exposure from the show I'm sure is crazy and you get noticed more than other models at castings. Anyway, I have to meet the casting director soon so fingers x'ed.

Sep 02 06 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

best of luck to you then.
if you and my friend both make it, may the best model prevail!

Sep 02 06 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

From what little I've seen of that show, there are few models to be seen and nothing has anything to do with anything.

Sep 02 06 04:40 pm Link

Model

Model Lenore

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I tried out in NYC and didn't make it. I got in the Daily News though. I think it is very worthwhile to get on the show. The exposure is great you even get to "work" in a foreign market. Too bad I didn't make it.

Sep 06 06 07:50 pm Link

Model

AmberULeda

Jamestown, North Dakota, US

It's a wonderful show and you do have to deal with competition. If anything it is a learning experiance and yes exposure is wide. Also, the Tyra Banks Show always has the models on. I guess if you qualify to audition it never hurts.

Sep 06 06 07:56 pm Link

Model

Linda Hartley

Austin, Indiana, US

I would, but they don't take us "old ladies".  :0)

Best of luck to ya.

Sep 06 06 07:57 pm Link

Model

Cristina Ashley

Buffalo, Illinois, US

I guess if you are going to the casting sell your personality. They are looking to cast people who will be good for the TV show....not as worried about how you have done as a model. They always need "the bitch","the ugly duckling" (Who later turns to a swan), "the pretty girl", "the small town girl", "the sick girl", etc....basically you need a story, a personality, something that will sell.

You have a great look...are tall enough...and slim. You have what it takes to model with or without the show imo.

Sep 06 06 08:00 pm Link

Model

Mayanlee

New City, New York, US

Well, if I were 25 years younger, I'd certainly qualify as "the Bitch."

Hell, nevermind... I qualify as the Bitch now...

Sep 06 06 08:26 pm Link