Forums > General Industry > A vanity moment

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

Now, I never ask for comments though I have jumped into the critique forums when I saw REAL crituqes being given.

Now, I am no SUPER DUPER photgrapher. I know what looks good and I try to acheive and grow. Every once inawhile I will jump onto a portfolio of some one I shot to see what other artist may be thinking. Now I am all about honesty and have really thick skin. I have an ego two..Hopefull they stay balanced. :-)

Anyway, I saw an image I shot and a comment that was less than accepting of the image. No problem, as I know not everyone wil enjoy or like every shot taken. Such is the world.

When I see or get a negative response on an image I always take it to heart as I truly want to grow. To be close minded is to stagnate.

I also look at the portfolio of the artist who leaves said comment. Quite frankly if you are blowing me away, I am more apt to listen. If you are not, I simply think..HUH?..Please..come back later...

There are a great many images I like that really have no meaning...Just a fun dumb images suits me just fine sometimes.

Let's face it..If Incident Image (Chad) told me my lighting sucked..it probaly sucks..But if the guy with all the under exsposed images said the same thing..I'd say....HUH?

Wait what is this...??

On one hand my ego was bruised..now I am trying to figure out why...LOL

Aint life grand?

LOL..

Sep 01 06 02:34 am Link