Forums > General Industry > Music Video Extra Work...credit or not?

Model

Jennifer Dyanne

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Hey, I'm pretty new around here, and while I don't have much experience in either acting or modelling, I've been on-set for a music video, and was actually seen in the video quite a bit. I'll also be attending another shoot tomorrow evening. Here's my question:

Is this worth crediting? if so, what would it be categorized as?

Thanks

Aug 31 06 09:12 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Credit it as a music video.

Aug 31 06 10:27 am Link

Photographer

Natalie Photography

Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada

You would probably want to list the production company first rather then the band. Unless the band is arrowsmith or along those lines.

Aug 31 06 10:32 am Link

Model

StacyJack

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

DO NOT CREDIT EXTRA WORK..  if you are in a music video as a principal, credit it,  nO extra Work.  It's chinzy.

Aug 31 06 10:53 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

...Stacy wrote:
DO NOT CREDIT EXTRA WORK..  if you are in a music video as a principal, credit it,  nO extra Work.  It's chinzy.

Unless you're a featured extra, like a key dancer who gets a lot of screen time, don't list it as a credit.

How to know if you're a featured extra? They're paying you more than the other extras.

Aug 31 06 12:09 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Ched wrote:

Unless you're a featured extra, like a key dancer who gets a lot of screen time, don't list it as a credit.

How to know if you're a featured extra? They're paying you more than the other extras.

Or they'll let you know when they hire you for the part.

Aug 31 06 12:14 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Dyanne

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Thanks, it was all done as volunteer kinda stuff, though the band is signed. I couldn't begin to tell you what the production company was, it was over a year ago and I assume the one tomorrow will be differnet - same band. The band is signed to Warner, but it was mostly just something to do for fun.

Aug 31 06 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

...Stacy wrote:

Sure you can, just list the credit as [music video + title] [production company] [band] and "background artiste" - not kidding - just don't list yourself as "extra".

Studio36

Aug 31 06 08:13 pm Link