Forums > General Industry > Question about a runway booking...

Model

Emilymodel

Webster, New York, US

Hello,
I have a question about something that has come up today for me.
I applied to a post looking for models for a runway show for a lingerie company. It was a company I have heard of and the email was legit (not a made up yahoo or something).
So I sent in my pics and mentioned that im short for runway but hoping they wil overlook it.
So I get an email back this morning saying she loves the pics and wants me to come in to discuss details. Im very excited and write back that can come in to  talk with her tomorrow AFTERNOON or anytime friday and the weekend.
She emails back simply " tomorrow, 10am"
No address, no telling me what I need, and I had just written that I cant be in until AFTERNOON.
So I write back and say, I cant be in until afternoon , like after 1pm tomorrow and ask for an address and I ask if she wants me to bring anything specific or wear anything specific for evaluation etc.

So,  she writes back and just puts the address in the email. nothing else. No time, no asnwers to  the other questions.

So does that mean I can come in later? does this souond weird to you?
Im very paranoid about scams and having my time wasted. But these emails are coming directly from the website so if it is legit, doesnt it seem unprofessional. like she isnt hearing what Im saying.
I have quite a drive to go to this, and im  happy to do it, but i hate to drive out to find it is a big scam of some sort. Like "pay this fee and well let you in the show" or something. I understand they want to meet, but it seems she is being very vague.

What do you guys think?
Is this how its done? This is the first runway thing ive ever even applied to.
sorry such a long post!
emily

Aug 30 06 05:53 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Emilymodel wrote:
Hello,
I have a question about something that has come up today for me.
I applied to a post looking for models for a runway show for a lingerie company. It was a company I have heard of and the email was legit (not a made up yahoo or something).
So I sent in my pics and mentioned that im short for runway but hoping they wil overlook it.
So I get an email back this morning saying she loves the pics and wants me to come in to discuss details. Im very excited and write back that can come in to  talk with her tomorrow AFTERNOON or anytime friday and the weekend.
She emails back simply " tomorrow, 10am"
No address, no telling me what I need, and I had just written that I cant be in until AFTERNOON.
So I write back and say, I cant be in until afternoon , like after 1pm tomorrow and ask for an address and I ask if she wants me to bring anything specific or wear anything specific for evaluation etc.

So,  she writes back and just puts the address in the email. nothing else. No time, no asnwers to  the other questions.

So does that mean I can come in later? does this souond weird to you?
Im very paranoid about scams and having my time wasted. But these emails are coming directly from the website so if it is legit, doesnt it seem unprofessional. like she isnt hearing what Im saying.
I have quite a drive to go to this, and im  happy to do it, but i hate to drive out to find it is a big scam of some sort. Like "pay this fee and well let you in the show" or something. I understand they want to meet, but it seems she is being very vague.

What do you guys think?
Is this how its done? This is the first runway thing ive ever even applied to.
sorry such a long post!
emily

I wouldn't bother going. I think that's like getting any other job. You apply and if don't hear anything from them chances are that they don't really need you.

Aug 30 06 06:13 pm Link

Model

Miss Lindsay Sass

Albany, New York, US

I've dealt with a couple shady bookings as well. I would say to try and contact her one more time and ask for a phone conversation, ask for her number to call her. Then you can get a better idea of what you're looking at over the phone. If she doesnt respond or doesn't give you the number, I would say write it off. I don't know a lot about the subject but but avoiding a bad situation is your best bet smile

Aug 30 06 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Without knowing more details it's hard to make a judgment, but it sounds like business as usual.  The company is having a go-see for models at 10:00.  That's when the models are supposed to be there.  If they can't be there, they don't get the job.  Nothing unusual about that at all.

Aug 30 06 06:48 pm Link