Forums > General Industry > Why do people come and see but no comments??

Model

Arianna_m

I don't understand it!

Aug 30 06 12:15 pm Link

Model

LORA

Washington, District of Columbia, US

No one can leave a comment right now. Hopefully soon!

Aug 30 06 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

-Tripp

San Diego, California, US

Aside from whatever problems are occuring today, the fact that it has taken so long to get the full size pics to come up, people may not want to wait for them to load.  That would prevent them from leaving comments without the large version of your pic on screen.

I don't think it's because people don't want to comment. They probably just don't want to wait for the larger pic to load.

Aug 30 06 12:23 pm Link

Model

Arianna_m

-Tripp wrote:
Aside from whatever problems are occuring today, the fact that it has taken so long to get the full size pics to come up, people may not want to wait for them to load.  That would prevent them from leaving comments without the large version of your pic on screen.

I don't think it's because people don't want to comment. They probably just don't want to wait for the larger pic to load.

Thank you, I agree wih you ... but this is so sad, comments are important to know if there is anything you could change..

Aug 30 06 12:26 pm Link

Model

Arianna_m

Lora wrote:

I hope too! Also, I must say that this picture of you is really beautiful!!

Aug 30 06 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Lora wrote:

Ditto i just tried to leave one and it got regected.

You are very pretty, nice eyes. The two head shots are the only ones i like really, the others dont really show "You" but that is my opinion.
The two head shots where they are cut close but your looking at the camera.

Aug 30 06 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Lora wrote:

I'm glad I was able to comment on your portfolio when I was there.
Did anyone mention that members are not able to leave comments at this time?

Aug 30 06 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Craig Thomson wrote:
I'm glad I was able to comment on your portfolio when I was there.
Did anyone mention that members are not able to leave comments at this time?

Nope didnt see it posted at all but its probably a good thing that somebody postes it now that members cannot post.

Members cannot post right now, leave a message after the beep        *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Aug 30 06 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

Working now, I think you have better pics than your current avatar.
Good start
Welcome and good luck here.

Aug 30 06 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

g2-new photographics

Boston, Massachusetts, US

There are hundreds - probably many thousands - of photographers and models here.  Many of them are pretty good.

So there are relatively few individual images that are sufficiently unique and excellent to warrant anyone commenting on them even if someone has found his or her way to the portfolio.

Just the reality of it all...

smile

Aug 30 06 06:56 pm Link

Model

Mike Holquinn

Fresno, California, US

Arianna_m wrote:
I don't understand it!

I can only speak for myself on this because I have no idea why other people don't comment. The reason I don't is because after a while I start to say the same thing over and over and to me I feel like I'm leaving generic comments even though it would be on a picture I really like.

Aug 30 06 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

Ye Olde Photographer

San Juan, San Juan-Laventville, Trinidad and Tobago

I notice a strong preference for nudes in my own portfolio. I have one nude in my portfolio which, to be honest, I have solicited comments on. The rest of the pictures vary in the number of times viewed equal to the extent of nudity displayed.

I other words post some naked stuff and you'd have enough views and comments. :>)

Aug 30 06 07:07 pm Link

Model

_Cinnamon_

San Francisco, California, US

Technical glitches aside, there are always going to be substantially more views than comments. I've looked at so many more portfolios on this site than I could ever possibly comment on. Whether or not I do usually depends on my mood, how much time I have, and what other sort of work I've been looking at that day--I'm sure it's the same for others.

Aug 30 06 07:20 pm Link

Model

Arianna_m

Dark Lantern wrote:

I can only speak for myself on this because I have no idea why other people don't comment. The reason I don't is because after a while I start to say the same thing over and over and to me I feel like I'm leaving generic comments even though it would be on a picture I really like.

That's true.. I realized that after some comments it always remains the same..

Aug 30 06 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

RS Livingston

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Ever since I removed almost all of my "interesting" images and replaced them with the fashion shots I have been working on, my comment rate has gone in the toilet.
If you want comments, you have to post nekkid shots.

Aug 30 06 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Livingston Photography wrote:
If you want comments, you have to post nekkid shots.

I don't agree with that logic. I have two images marked as 18+ (one for a nipple and one for simulated bondage), neither have as many comments as some of my milder images.
If one does get comments on the “nekkid” images, the majority of the comments are not worth repeating. IMO

Aug 30 06 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

JaysonPolansky com

Sedona, Arizona, US

What is the big deal about comments?
(The image with the most comments wins a prize?)

Most comments are just fluff, like a Hollywood party.
“You are so great, Love your work, You’re so pretty, Marvelous darling . . . “

I tend to Not say, what I would really like to say, about some images.

You best be in this industry for much more than just the kudos.

My two cents

Aug 30 06 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

RS Livingston

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Craig Thomson wrote:

I don't agree with that logic. I have two images marked as 18+ (one for a nipple and one for simulated bondage), neither have as many comments as some of my milder images.
If one does get comments on the “nekkid” images, the majority of the comments are not worth repeating. IMO

I know the comments on those images are largely worhtless, it is just that the nekkid shots will get you a high quantity over quality.

Aug 30 06 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Why must someone leave a comment on every pic they see? 

If they don't like it do you really want to know?

Do you really want to know if a pic is unliked why it is unliked and will you take the criticism like a professional?

Maybe their mamma's told them if they have nothing nice to say not to say anything.

Also, do you want a bunch of people telling you, "Great Pic", "You are Hot", "Nice Legs", etc...???
How is that going to help you?  I would rather someone say nothing.  If they don't leave constructive criticism what good is it?  I don't need anyone making me feel good about myself, I do that just fine!

If an image moves someone enough, they will leave a comment...

Aug 30 06 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

Amy J Jones Photography

Fallston, Maryland, US

-Tripp wrote:

So right!  I put a tag on another photographers site and made a joke about all the beautiful people in his Country (after saying how nice his work was).  He responded that I clearly didn't look at anything but the thumbnails because only one of the images was shot there.  I guess I offended him but it takes SO LONG for images to come up that I typically don't pull each one up.  If something really strikes me I might look at the large version.  I typically don't comment or tag unless I have more to say than just "nice shot."

Aug 30 06 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

Ought To Be Shot

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Sometimes I won't comment, if I don't like what I see.  My momma always said, "If you can't say something nice... yada yada yada!"

Aug 30 06 10:29 pm Link

Model

Whisper

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

what i dont see is in my port and others i have seen people comment mainley on the shots of me that are showing something more of my artsy ones dont have close to as many comments or views as my iffy ones as you could see what i dont get is what brings them to notice the revealing ones over the amazing ones unless htere only on there to look at one thing i know theres great photographers on here more then there are worse but some comment like your butt looks amazing and stuff like that but latley i dont get many ppl looking at my port at all havent for a while except the ppl i know on here so dont fret about getting comments rather then veiws most of them will be worthless to you in the long run
whisper

Aug 30 06 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

Ought To Be Shot

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Whisper wrote:
what i dont see is in my port and others i have seen people comment mainley on the shots of me that are showing something more of my artsy ones dont have close to as many comments or views as my iffy ones as you could see what i dont get is what brings them to notice the revealing ones over the amazing ones unless htere only on there to look at one thing i know theres great photographers on here more then there are worse but some comment like your butt looks amazing and stuff like that but latley i dont get many ppl looking at my port at all havent for a while except the ppl i know on here so dont fret about getting comments rather then veiws most of them will be worthless to you in the long run
whisper

Ummm... nice port, especially #2.  May I make a suggestion?  PuNcTuATiOn!

Aug 30 06 10:40 pm Link

Model

Whisper

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Ummm... nice port, especially #2.  May I make a suggestion?  PuNcTuATiOn!

oops... sorry bout that i do that alot
can'y help myslef

whisper

Aug 30 06 10:46 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ROSHAR

Los Angeles, California, US

I may view them- but if I find them uninteresting I wont comment....
**hint**

Aug 30 06 10:47 pm Link

Photographer

Prairie Town Production

Topeka, Kansas, US

I seldom leave comments because they never get answered so I assume no one cares.

If you tell me I have done good work, I will say thank you. When you tell most models they have done good work, there is never a reply.

The same if true with Tags. If you give me a Tag, I will take the time to look at your work and leave you a comment. Most often when I leave a tag, all I get is a "Thanks for the Tag". I am so impressed with the reply I delete them ASAP.

In truth everyone wants the other person to review ‘my’ work but please do not ask me to repay the kindness.

Hence, no Tags and no Comments.

Aug 30 06 10:54 pm Link

Model

Uber Dami

New Haven, Connecticut, US

because this isnt myspace

Aug 31 06 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

Studio One12

Elizabeth City, North Carolina, US

Some hate typing such as me.

Aug 31 06 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

West Images

Sacramento, California, US

It's human nature to want praise & positive responses to your work.  I notice that if it's NUDE, there is a strong possibility that it will have many comments.  I too enjoy a beautiful woman and will take a closer look to see her beauty.  What gets me is....If someone is drawn enough to choose the picture to look at, it would be nice to leave a comment.  My style, I like to find images that are apparently from Ameteur photographers (Like myself) and give a positive comment to boost the photographers ego and to let them know that their efforts are appreciated.  Go take a look a a good photographers port.  His NUDES will have LOTS of comments.  Just goes to show you......All us men are freaking PERVERTS!!!!!   Enjoy MM and ALOHA.

Sep 02 06 12:55 am Link

Photographer

FotoArcade

San Diego, California, US

When you think of how many tens of thousands of photos are posted, even for someone to take the time to view a picture is a compliment in a way. There simply isn't time to comment on every picture that gets your interest and some people aren't in that frame of mind to critique and/or compliment.

Sep 02 06 09:13 am Link

Photographer

nathan combs

Waynesboro, Virginia, US

Dark Lantern wrote:

i fell the same way i am bad at committing when i leave a comment like "this is a cool photo" i mean it but it is not very good i know or helpful

Sep 02 06 09:17 am Link

Model

TheStitchWitch

Needville, Texas, US

I look at lots of rofiles but rarely leave comments. I have to really like something to tell you about it. I don't have the patience to leave meaningless comments all day long just to stroke someone's ego.

Sep 02 06 10:50 am Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

sometimes things look good but there's not so much to say about them.

Sep 02 06 11:18 am Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

why do so many people WANT comments?

if you want to know what someone thinks about a picture, ask them directly.

Sep 02 06 11:29 am Link

Photographer

ShadowCrafter

Pike Road, Alabama, US

Arianna_m wrote:
Why do people come and see but no comments.
I don't understand it!

Sep 02 06 11:34 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Capt Stu Beans wrote:

Good comments keep you thinking in new ways about your images. Maybe you have one that you know is strong, but until you show it to someone else and get feedback then you don't know why it is so good. Maybe they even say something you know is wrong, but that at least adds a contrast for you to better understand what you've produced, allows you to start to have a position. Artists don't always know what they've wrought at the moment they know it is complete. So much of what we do is subconscious. I don't have to think about composition so much anymore, my hands just guide the camera to where it needs to be.

Sep 02 06 11:54 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Capt Stu Beans wrote:

Dude you take the print out of the comments go to the corner store go to the back of the freezer, go through the hidden door, talk to the  little guy at the big desk, he will give you .25 for every comment...

go now quickly

Sep 02 06 11:57 am Link

Photographer

ShadowCrafter

Pike Road, Alabama, US

ShadowCrafter wrote:

!

Sep 02 06 09:36 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

LOL

so, comments...does any one want these?

'your images are not as good as i thought they were when i clicked'

'this needs editing with your glasses on'

'Photoshop is not YOUR friend my friend'

'your expressions are all the same'

'You actually don't measure hips at the knee..'

'what make you think in your wildest dreams that these are good enough to post as model/photg pics?'

' i would have liked this if it wasn't so  blurry'

'Is this Myspace ?'

'OMG!'

'No idea why you took this let alone posted it'

'is THAT really Art to you??'

'This is a nice idea but badly executed...'

'This is well executed, but dull rubbish in my opinion'

'Are you kidding??'

'How many times have you seen this image or is it just me...'

'Nice boobs'

I haven't ever had these actually BUT I cant say I  haven't thought it
:-)
Not about anyone reading this tho
(Britt backs away...)

There are so many amazing images tho, seriously, and how can we even think what to say about the best! If it's awe inspiring, i am often just left with  ''WOW''.
Not very articulate.

Sep 02 06 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

GRHorn

New York, New York, US

Actually, think about it this way, I normally read all the comments made.  If I can't add anything positive that is different than say, (beautiful, gorgeous shot, etc) I prefer to say nothing.  Now if I see something negative, I prefer to send the person a personal message.  Thats the way I like to do it.  Sure you are pretty but how many times do you need to hear it.

Sep 03 06 09:18 am Link