Forums > General Industry > model or not??

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

Kimberley wrote:
Have fun with it, see where it leads...thats what i say. If you dont get on well with it, atleast you have tried!

Absolutely, but give it your all as well....smile

Aug 31 06 07:35 am Link

Photographer

Photo Guy333

Woodstock, Ontario, Canada

Iona, you rock......your post should be in some instruction book for modelling

Aug 31 06 07:42 am Link

Model

Mayanlee

New City, New York, US

queen of cards wrote:
I really was not asking for advice from people i was asking for an oppinion.I already know how to get the photos but what I was asking was am I model material.As far as looks go.I am new to this and yes I could use advice but I am asking everyones opinion on hight,weight,measurments and what type of modeling would be best for me maybe I needed to word it better for those who misunderstood my question.Thank you for the advice but no thank you for being rude and and calling my port generic.That is what it started as was fun but now I want to take it more seriously and would like to know is it a hopeless dream?

You're already stomping on most of your chances to network here by revealing your attitude. Believe it or not, your potential employers and collaborators will be reading what you write to get a sense if you're worth working with or not. Modeling, despite the popular notion, is not necessarily all about just looking good.

By your definition, it's only an opinion if it's agreeable to you ... if it isn't, it's rude. Get over yourself. You're not all that.

You can do promotional modeling locally, glamour modeling, alternative and art stuff. You're cute enough. There won't be much more available to you in Chatanooga. Not only does your height limit you, your location limits you more, unless you start traveling regularly. That will often work for models who have already created a following for herself and a relatively strong internet presence.

Your portfolio needs development; you have to get rid of the newbie one-look-pony syndrome, meaning that your expression and your face look substantially the same in all the shots. That's not a slam on your prettiness, so don't get snarky; it's an opinion that's meted out to help you improve your situation. You're already starting out with substantial impediments of height and location. You have to make yourself more than interesting to garner attention and interest.

Aug 31 06 08:15 am Link

Model

queen of cards

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

Ok this is for everyone who thinks I have an attitude on here.It's not that I have an attitude it's that I posted this for a reason and it has been turned into something other than what the whole thing was originally about.So of couse when  I feel as though people are attacking me for something that has nothing to do with what i was asking I am going to respond to it in my own defense.Wouldn't you?So if people are going to be that uptight about a misspelled word or because I didn't know not to use caps on here then those are the types of people I do not want to work with anyway.Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not a rude or ungrateful person at all.That also goes for the people who tag me,comment on my pictures or email me.All the others who don't know me and want to judge me by the way I type should really get to know me before doing so.I'm not going to sit back and agree with everyone and not say anything at all.Who would want to work with someone who does not have an opinion and can't think for themselves?I am very grateful for those who do respond to me and those who I have worked with.And I thank them again however I could not have asked to work with better people and the only reason I got to work with them is because I am me and not some little girl who is going to sit back and say ok, ok sure that is not me and will never be unless it is something I agree with.For those who want to call me names like stupid or whatever is fine because all that does is lower your standards and shows how ignorant people can be just because you don't know what people go through in life some people didn't get to go to school everyday,or have a parent or have to move all their lives and live in hotels and whatever else someone else might have to go through.Some people don't get a chance to have an education and for what I did have I think I present myself pretty damn good.So anyways I am an emotional person and people's thoughts of me do bother me so I can go on and on but I'll stop here.So again thank you to EVERYONE who has responded to this post.                         Kelly

Aug 31 06 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

lordy!

i'll answer the questions, exactly as you asked them in your first post.

queen of cards wrote:
I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN INTERESTED IN MODELING BUT MY MOTHER TOOK ME TO AN AGENCY WHEN I WAS REALLY YOUNGE AND THEY SAID I WAS TOO SHORT.THEN ANOTHER SAID I NEED PHOTOS.NOW THAT I HAVE FOUND SOME SIGHTS I HAVE HAD 1 PERSON TELL ME I WASNT GOOD ENOUGH ANOTHER SAID NUDE OR PROMO THEN YOU HAVE ALL THE OTHERS SAY YOU ARE GOING TO GO FAR YOU HAVE A NITCH SO WHAT IS IT HONESTLY?

You're 5'2, and you live in Chattanooga, TN. You're too short for fashion, editorial, or commercial modeling, but you might be able to make some money if you can find some photographers who pay for nude models. Probably not a lot of money, but maybe some.

You've modeled for a few photographers already, which is why you have photos in your portfolio... so if you can find some photographers who REALLY want to take pictures of you, so much so that they're willing to pay you, and you don't even have to get naked, then you should do be ecstatic.

queen of cards wrote:
IM NOT TRYING TO BECOME SOME FAMOUS FASHION MODEL BUT IT IS SOMETHING I DO ENJOY AND AM LEARNING TO DO AM I MAKING AN ASS OUT OF MYSELF?

Yes, you are making an ass out of yourself.

Sep 01 06 04:51 am Link