Photographer

Malloch

Hastings, England, United Kingdom

I have now retired from full time photography due to ill health. However, I will now have to time, and I hope the energy, to get myself involved in all the personal photographic projects I have never had time for before. I will still be calling in to MM on a regular basis to see what the rest of you are getting up to. Thanks for all the comments and to friends again thanks for your support.

Aug 29 06 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Good and bad news in one post.  Sorry to hear about the health issues that forced retirement from full time photography.  But congratulations on now being able to photograph only what you want on your own terms.  That itself is a wonderful freedom.

-Don

Aug 29 06 11:10 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

If you are like I was, and still am... once you use that "R" word you will find that you are working more, and harder, than before you did. LOL

Best of luck.

Studio36

Aug 30 06 06:49 am Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

sorry to hear about your health. i sympathize.

you'll find you have to manage the retirement or that too gets away from you. nonetheless i do find it less stressful, if not always more satisfying.

enjoy the retirement!

cheers

rich

Aug 30 06 07:06 am Link

Photographer

Mark Anderson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Sorry to hear of your health issues.  Retirement?   Naw, that's only a word that means you will be doing more with less pay.  smile

Aug 30 06 07:08 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

oldguysrule wrote:
...you'll find you have to manage the retirement or that too gets away from you. nonetheless i do find it less stressful, if not always more satisfying.

enjoy the retirement!

cheers,  rich

LOL... since I retired I don't do a whole lot of stills work any more... but I find myself teaching, consulting, doing video and audio production, and even radio and TV work. Geez, I should have kept working. The only advantage I have now is being able to say "no" to job offers... but that doesn't mean I am really working any less... just that I get to do it at my own pace.

Yup, it can get completely away from you if you're not careful.

Studio36

Aug 30 06 07:56 am Link