Forums > General Industry > Where do you have your pictures printed?

Model

Brent B

Lake Zurich, Illinois, US

I just did a TFCD shoot and got my pics, but I'm not sure where to get them printed......

Is one place better than another?

Thanks.

Aug 29 06 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Anderson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Brent Battaglia wrote:
I just did a TFCD shoot and got my pics, but I'm not sure where to get them printed......

Thanks.

Hmmm, how do I begin?   The difference between labs can be significant.  I use three different labs depending on what I am having printed.  On lab in NY does all of my large prints (24x36).  My local Atlant lab does everything up to 16x24 (but next month they will get larger capabilities), and another local lab in Atlanta does custom B&W work for me. 

There are several places to get images printed.  Many times the decision is based fully on price.  I normally base mine on the quality they deliver, the price of their service, and the ability to transmit the images so that there is only one trip needed to pick up the prints.   smile 

If you are looking for inexpensive prints that are fairly good try Sam's or Costco.  They do a good job most of the time - depending on the subject of the prints.

Aug 29 06 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Amy J Jones Photography

Fallston, Maryland, US

I broke down and bought a lab-quality printer the size of a coffee table because I was so tired of trying to get decent prints out of a lab.  It's a trial and error thing since most of it depends on the talent (color balance etc..) of the person running the machine. 
You can e-mail them to me and I can mail you the prints.  Honestly, I'm sure you can find labs close to you that would be cheaper than me but I do make a mean print.  I have to charge around $15.00 per 8x10 to make it work the ink/paper/time.

Aug 29 06 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

I have Gene Nocon do them.

-Don

Aug 29 06 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

EdwinR Photography

Gainesville, Florida, US

Sams club...just make sure you get the gal that know what she is doing...lol...there is a fellow photograhper that helps get our prints perfect...but that is a hard find going in cold turkey I suppose...Price is right and they really dont do a bad job....

Aug 29 06 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan123

Arlington, Virginia, US

In my darkroom?

Aug 29 06 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

Ought To Be Shot

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Wal-Mart... select glossy... never matte.

Really... I'm not kidding.

Aug 29 06 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

David Linke

Woodville, Ohio, US

Brent Battaglia wrote:

Thanks.

Suggestions:

Burrell Pro Lab   http://www.burrellprolabs.com/
Image Place      http://www.image-place.com/
Buckeye Color   http://www.buckeyecolor.com/

All are professional labs that can print up to 30 inch wide.

Aug 29 06 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Brent Battaglia wrote:

Thanks.

WWW.mpix.com for digital
Miller's Professional Imaging for film work (if you are a Pro and can get an account with them)

Mpix is a division of Miller's and is open to advanced amateur & pro alike.  The Mpix work is done in the same lab here in Pittsburg, Ks as Miller's Professional.

Aug 29 06 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

I too use MPIX.com
I stopped going to the local lab about year ago, been doing all my print work ordering online from mpix...they ROCK!

Aug 30 06 12:08 am Link

Model

Brent B

Lake Zurich, Illinois, US

FosbreStudios wrote:
I too use MPIX.com
I stopped going to the local lab about year ago, been doing all my print work ordering online from mpix...they ROCK!

looks like a good place. im gonna check it out.  thanks

Aug 30 06 09:24 pm Link