Forums > Newbie Forum > Just happy to be nominated! Nova Scotia Photog..

Photographer

AlterEgo of Halifax

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Hey folks, there's yet another newbie in the room.

About me - I'm a photographer based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, way out here on Canada's East coast.

I started in the media industry as an editor of a Special Features section at a local daily paper, then found myself doing more and more photography, and enjoying it more than my 'real job'. Life intervened, I left my job, and now a year later I'm working on building a solid portfolio.

I need experience doing model/fashion photography, and have some ideas about shoots, which brought me here. Looking around at some of the fabulous work by photograhers (Forrest is unbelievable) even in my own area has kept me around. The really beautiful and obviously tallented models give me hope that I'll be able to make some great images (I think it may, technically, be impossible to make many of the great models here look bad in anyway).

I filled my portfolio, but there are few actual model shots. I've tried to offer up to the great glitteratti a decent sample of some of my work. If you have the time and inclination, take a gander. If you're feeling particularly giving or kind (or ruthless and evil) have a go at commenting. I've got a thick skin, and really do need the feed back.

For photographers who may be interested: I shoot Canon gear (5D/30D) and am awaiting with great anticipation the announcement of the upcoming new 1series - which I will be adding. I've busted my budget, blown out two credit cards and generally taken the plunge, but I honestly believe if you're going to do something, do it right. I don't for a second believe that the gear makes the photographer, but I do think having proper tools is essential. ... I just wish it didn't cost so much.

Thanks, and I look forward to working with some people here.

Brent McCombs
FivebyFive Photography.

Aug 29 06 12:38 pm Link