Forums > General Industry > Who else loves CraigsList?

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

my name is Abasanyo Olatunde

I have $10,000,000 depisited in the Bank of Lagos
I have a driect transfer to the Bank of Mona in Minnesota.
can you run down there and pick it up for me ?

send me some money

any money exchanged is for companionship only

I take your sexy photos  for a free massage

BBW looking for  a sugar-daddy

CL is fun !

Aug 30 06 11:16 am Link

Model

Kemara

Tavares, Florida, US

YAYYYYYYYYYY!!! CRAIGSLIST!!!

Aug 30 06 11:23 am Link

Model

Laurie Branch

Wilsonville, Oregon, US

CL has been great!  I've worked with a couple photographers off there, but also picked up work for 2 fashion shows and some promotional gigs!  You can usually tell who is legit and who is not.  The legit people are always offering proof (ie: website link, previous work, ect)

Aug 30 06 11:25 am Link

Photographer

Mark J. Sebastian

San Francisco, California, US

When I was shopping for my first SLR, I noticed that a used Rebel off Craigslist LA was $100 cheaper than on Craigslist SF Bay area.

But the SF Bay Area has 3 times as many post as Los Angeles.

The strangest time I had on craigslist was when we put all the furniture at our house listed as "free".  Within 15 minutes, there were already a dosen people rolling in.

Aug 30 06 11:35 am Link

Photographer

PPRO Analyst

Chicago, Illinois, US

tlprovince photography wrote:

I downloaded spybot..i downloaded macafee..I even had a friend come from the local air force base who is an IT person (the big guns) and it had already attacked my motherboard...two trojans and 3 worms that replicated themselves everytime that they would get cleaned.  And Yes, it is possible according to my friend to get a virus so bad you have to scrap your computer.

If it's the motherboard, (and I don't think it is), ask your friend to excute an NVRAM clear to resolve the issue.

Aug 30 06 11:48 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Well, someone from CL really likes MM!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tlg/200973357.html

Aug 30 06 07:49 pm Link

Model

Jessica - The Peach

Los Angeles, California, US

oh my god, the old guys looking to spoil a girl rotten (just in exchange for her company, of course) are by FAR the most hilarious.  gotta say though, when im running low on cash, its pretty tempting...

i find posts under Services - Creative, and Gigs - Talent and Gigs - Creative.  also some good artistic nude work under Gigs - Adult.

Aug 30 06 07:56 pm Link

Model

ORachelO

Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada

I like Craigslist, only prob. whenever I reply to those ads that only use craigslist adresses as their reply email, it always comes back as "mail undelivered" so I can only respond to people who put in a personal email add.

Aug 30 06 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

Javier_Mejia

Los Angeles, California, US

I get  a whole lot more responses posting one ad on Craigslist than 6 months of trying on MM. Oddly enough some of models who have responded to my ad submit their MM profiles.

Aug 30 06 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Wife and I have sold a ton of things on CL and she's gotten business from ads, but I only got 2 replies from it for models--1 never replied back to me and the other was...uhm...not cut out to be a model. :-)

Aug 31 06 12:17 am Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

I posted an advertisement for photography, and guess what? I got yet another scammer. I tried selling my D1x on Craigslist, and guess who I got? Scammers? I think Craigslist is very popular in Nigeria (or where-ever theses bastards live).

I'm thinking I really dislike Craigslist. No work. No sales. Just f-ing scammers.

-P-

Aug 31 06 12:45 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
I posted an advertisement for photography, and guess what? I got yet another scammer. I tried selling my D1x on Craigslist, and guess who I got? Scammers? I think Craigslist is very popular in Nigeria (or where-ever theses bastards live).

I'm thinking I really dislike Craigslist. No work. No sales. Just f-ing scammers.

-P-

I can send you some fake checks.

Aug 31 06 12:58 am Link

Hair Stylist

Hair by Nedjetti

New York, New York, US

yea, i got a gig from a stylist looking for a hair artist and our shoot was published in a Russian mag called Zebra, it's in my port,  the 5 models shot...

it's like dating, you never know what you'll find in a post, talking about taking chances...

all in all, it's a excellent resourse hub...

lmao at everyone's comments

-n

Aug 31 06 01:41 am Link

Model

Jeannie K

Renton, Washington, US

Yeah ... gotta love craigslist....it helps pay the bills sometimes

Aug 31 06 01:43 am Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:

I can send you some fake checks.

No thanks, but I appreciate the offer. I could use some real checks though.

wink

Aug 31 06 01:45 am Link

Model

Danella Lucioni

Florence, Toscana, Italy

craigslist sucks.

Aug 31 06 01:49 am Link

Model

Ellymay

Oak Harbor, Ohio, US

My hubby and I are addicted to craigslist.. we got two of our dogs off of it! I've also worked with two photographers off of craigslist.. can't get enough! smile

Aug 31 06 01:49 am Link

Photographer

Art Richards Creatives

Bogo, Central Visayas, Philippines

I actually have less no-shows from craigslist than from Mayhem.  It is much harder to screen though as many don't have an online port to preview.  Sometimes you catch that undiscovered beauty too.

Overall, thumbs up

Aug 31 06 01:51 am Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Danella L. wrote:
craigslist sucks.

So far I'm inclined to agree with this. Danelle -- wanna join my newly formed Society of People Who Think Craigslist Sucks? Granted, we may be the only two members but it's a fun society. We drink beer and dominate the world all at the same time. And you all thought it was the Illuminate! They are sooooo 15th century!

-P-

Aug 31 06 01:52 am Link

Model

CassandraLorien

Brooklyn, New York, US

I've gotten many many things from CL.

New friends
An apartment
Activities
A few jobs

and of course ENDLESS hours of entertainment browsing the misc romance and best of sections.
NYC CL has sooooo many amazingly insane people on it, post a fake personal's add wait for the responses and see for yourself!

Aug 31 06 01:53 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I've gotten a fair amount of work from it, but my rate of response and follow through is much better on sites like MM. Still, the adult gigs are often hilarious in that car accident way.

Aug 31 06 02:41 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

I've received a fair amount of business of CL.  I enjoy it.  It's a great service. /tim

Aug 31 06 02:45 am Link

Photographer

Isaac Klotz

Oakland, California, US

Legend Images wrote:
I actually have less no-shows from craigslist than from Mayhem.

i agree, i think its easier to find talent on cl.  cl is like a modern day sherlock holmes, its simple.  people go there to solve problems.  its grand.

i'm trying to sell some film lights on CL now if anyone is interested.  = )

Aug 31 06 03:06 am Link