Forums > General Industry > internships

Photographer

John V Phillips

Sacramento, California, US

So, I am curious if anyone has any ideas as far as finding decent internships/apprenticeships even though I have not been to art school.

Aug 28 06 11:36 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

School is a great asset but not absolutely necessary. Call every photographer you can find and see if they'll let you sweep the floors and be a fly on the wall for free. Be dependable and agreeable and it will probably lead to full time employment somewhere down the road.

Aug 28 06 11:40 am Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Bob Randall Photography wrote:
School is a great asset but not absolutely necessary. Call every photographer you can find and see if they'll let you sweep the floors and be a fly on the wall for free. Be dependable and agreeable and it will probably lead to full time employment somewhere down the road.

I'd be a fly on your wall in a hot minute.

That sounds kind of dirty.

Aug 28 06 11:42 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Sita Mae Edwards wrote:
I'd be a fly on your wall in a hot minute.

That sounds kind of dirty.

I'm thinking of starting a personal program for people just like you. Maybe a week in the studio as a fly on the wall, sweeping optional. Seems like it might be a good thing.

Aug 28 06 11:44 am Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I'm thinking of starting a personal program for people just like you. Maybe a week in the studio as a fly on the wall, sweeping optional. Seems like it might be a good thing.

Shut up!  Really?  Yes please.

Aug 28 06 11:45 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I'd do it.  I'd be more than happy to sweep.

Aug 28 06 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

It would have to be a week of low pressure jobs. Let me think about how to put it together. I am growing fond of the idea, I've met a number of nice people here and it might be a good next step.

Aug 28 06 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Sockpuppet Studios

San Francisco, California, US

*folds herself up and stows away in Sita May's suitcase*

Just start asking photographers’ in your area. Or out of your area.
I ask fro help in private pm's all the time, I also have gotten a great response with local photographers. Once as a model I had an offer of TFPhotoshop training.

I modeled for said photographer and in return he was going to sit down with me and go over how he did his editing....

Next week I have a date to shoot flowers with another photographer.

Aug 28 06 07:27 pm Link