Forums > General Industry > TooSpoiled SPAMMERS

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

One of the ***s got tired of being ignored by me on other profile sites, so they started trying to contact me through the web form on my site.

I reported them to the domain admin, its upstream provider (RackSpace), and the IP owner of the individual spammer.  Thought I'd share the contact info with you guys for easy reporting, too, if they're also bothering you.

toospoiled.com = [ 72.32.9.38 ]
IP abuse contact: [email protected]
(admin/tech contact: [email protected] )

[email protected]
web form posted from: 65.34.50.176
65.34.50.176 = [ 176-50.34-65.tampabay.res.rr.com ]
IP abuse contact: [email protected]

Aug 27 06 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

bob cooley

New York, New York, US

I'll post this to a regular forum post as well, but

TooSpoiled = ImpactWorldWide (impactWW)

From the Contact pages of both:

http://www.toospoiled.com/Company/Contact.cfm

For any questions, complaints, concerns, or congratulations please feel free to call, email, or write to the corporate office in New York City.

E-mail: [email protected]

TooSpoiled
447 Broadway, 4th Floor
New York, NY  10013

and:

http://www.impactww.com/contactus/

Impact
447 Broadway, 4th Floor
New York, New York 10013
212-334-5325

Sep 07 06 01:15 pm Link

Model

StacyJack

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

The "model"  spammers are getting out of control.  It's getting irritating.

Sep 07 06 01:21 pm Link

Model

michael pan

Signal Hill, California, US

i just thought it was funny that i got a message saying they saw my mm profile but they messaged me through my myspace acount instead.

Sep 27 06 12:24 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Surprisingly, I'm gonna defend 'toospoiled.com' for once... (not that I'm endorsing their service or anything, because I'm not).

I recently placed a casting call both here on MM and at Musecube.com .  The casting call was for a company that I'm not directly involved with.  I received quite a few responses, more than time allows me to deal with so I decided to remove one of the two listings.

Well, all of the sudden I've gotten swamped with resumes and zed cards.  It seems like a few 'casting call' websites got hold of my casting call and decided to display it on their websites without my knowledge or permission. 

This has caused me alot of extra work to reply to each person.  This takes up too much of my time for me to deal with it all.

Of all of the "casting call" websites that copied and pasted the info, the ONLY website that requested my permission to do so was toospoiled.com .  Although I declined their casting call from being displayed on their website, I do think it's honorable of them to ask me first... something that the other bastards refused to do!

Sep 27 06 12:38 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:
Of all of the "casting call" websites that copied and pasted the info, the ONLY website that requested my permission to do so was toospoiled.com .  Although I declined their casting call from being displayed on their website, I do think it's honorable of them to ask me first... something that the other bastards refused to do!

As I understand it, among the Impact Worldwide scamees are those who go out and search sites like this for casting calls to steal.  You didn't find a nice website; you found a nice scamee.

Sep 27 06 02:13 am Link

Model

David Bates II

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

so is toospoiled legit or not?

Sep 28 06 11:54 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

David Bates II wrote:

I was contacted by two of their casting managers.  I can't tell you if it is legitimate or not.  They tried to set me up with an account but they kept getting a database error that they couldn't fix.

The casting manager that contacted me allegedly quit because she said she tried to set up five accounts all with the same result.  I e-mailed there contact info for tech support but never got a response.

I have no idea if they are legit or not.

Sep 28 06 01:06 pm Link

Model

KS24

Nashville, Tennessee, US

They won't leave me alone.  I keep getting contacted through MySpace, or they claim to have seen my profile on sites like MM or OMP......it's totally out of control!

Sep 28 06 01:09 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

David Bates II wrote:

Well, legally, no they're not a scam.

It's just another way of charging you for something you can get for free.

So, scam? Nope.
A good buy? For some, yes.
For MOST, no.

Would I do it? Never in a million years.

Like an online incorpration service company charging you $299 to $1500 and sometimes charge you the stare fess on top of their own, to incorporate your business when you can do it yourself [ex.: In GA., it's $25 name reservation and $79 or $99 registration fees depending on LLC, S, C or other classifications. And, it changes from state to state.]

Sep 28 06 02:23 pm Link

Model

David Bates II

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

So where can i go to get legit and free casting calls..sorry i'm kinda new at this whole modeling thing.

Oct 02 06 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

David Bates II wrote:
So where can i go to get legit and free casting calls..sorry i'm kinda new at this whole modeling thing.

You can use our casting calls section. We weed out scams as much as possible. Try to use good judgement. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

But in the end you need an agent. Real casting calls aren't usually public.

Oct 02 06 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

LightLab Studios

Seattle, Washington, US

Looks like toospoiled stole one of my casting calls off OMP or MM which is already expired and now I'm getting a bunch of e-mails from models thousands of miles away who don't even seem to know I'm in Montana and that the casting was for Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Arrgh.

Dec 05 06 04:59 pm Link