Forums > General Industry > Has Anyone Here Seen The New Vogue??

Model

Tiffany Morgan

Santa Monica, California, US

Can I just say that Vogue's September issue is filled with exceptional images (From the Ads to the Editorials). A favorite face of mine has made her comeback for not one BUT several large designers; Miss Kate Moss ;-) Any comments?? Anyone actually care??..haha.

~Tiff C.

Aug 26 06 08:01 pm Link

Model

Vera van Munster

Belmont, North Carolina, US

I thought this would be about the FABULOUS cover with Kirsten Dunst (sp?), on the cover as Marie Antoinette.GORGEOUS!!!

Aug 26 06 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Ads not the editorials....

Sigh, alas this is nothing new in the Era Of The Endless Wintour. (You must realize, historically this situation would be considered nothing short of perversion, as in burning at the stake, Salem Witch Trials-worthy sort of perversion.)

Just you watch, that woman will outlive us all and then some. And I'm a lot younger than she is...

Aug 26 06 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

I have not seen it, but now I'll check it out next time at the bookstore. Thanks for the heads-up. I usually prefer the foreign editions but this one sounds like a winner.

Aug 26 06 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

American Vogue is so moderate. But I'll peek.

Aug 26 06 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Nope, not the new edition. Actually I haven't seen an older one either.

Aug 26 06 08:17 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Chris M.

San Antonio, Florida, US

I really dug those eggplant opera gloves from LaCrasia. and that SK-II foundation sounds pretty sci - fi.

and with all the styles regurgitating from decades past it was definitely time for some marie antoinette - era haute couture. now if only I could afford it!

Aug 27 06 01:52 am Link

Hair Stylist

Chris M.

San Antonio, Florida, US

Tiffany Cottey wrote:
A favorite face of mine has made her comeback for not one BUT several large designers; Miss Kate Moss ;-) Any comments?? Anyone actually care??..haha.

~Tiff C.

and P.S. America loves a bad girl, but most can only justify their adoration if she claims to be 'reformed'

Aug 27 06 01:55 am Link

Model

Christine

Los Angeles, California, US

I know, I kept gong "is that Kate Moss?" for like 5 diff designers.  I loved the Vogue!

Aug 27 06 01:57 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Call me crazy but I always like the girl for her look.

Aug 27 06 05:29 am Link

Photographer

GDS Photos

London, England, United Kingdom

Saw it loved it.  Whatever about oss' personality, habits etc.  She is a great model and manages to look brilliant and help get exceptional pictures.

Aug 27 06 05:42 am Link

Photographer

michaelrowe photography

It is OK, Sept. Vogue - 1994 with the models on the cover ( Daria, Natalia, gisele, Isabeli, Karolina, Liya, Hana, Genna, Karen) is my fave in the the past 5 years.  I still have it at home and i refer to it all the time. Plus i love the fact that the cover was MODELS and not some damn actress. If there is one issue of Vogue i pick up constantly... its Sept. - fall fashion issue, its always packed with goodies.

Aug 27 06 05:50 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

michaelrowe photography wrote:
It is OK, Sept. Vogue - 1994 with the models on the cover ( Daria, Natalia, gisele, Isabeli, Karolina, Liya, Hana, Genna, Karen) is my fave in the the past 5 years.  I still have it at home and i refer to it all the time. Plus i love the fact that the cover was MODELS and not some damn actress. If there is one issue of Vogue i pick up constantly... its Sept. - fall fashion issue, its always packed with goodies.

daria was around in 1994? think u made a boo-boo...

btw, whos on the cover of the issue we are talking about here? is it kirsten dunst?

Aug 27 06 05:55 am Link

Model

Tiffany Morgan

Chris Mednansky wrote:
I really dug those eggplant opera gloves from LaCrasia. and that SK-II foundation sounds pretty sci - fi.

and with all the styles regurgitating from decades past it was definitely time for some marie antoinette - era haute couture. now if only I could afford it!

HAHA..I feel ya girl ;-) Gotta love the fact that Marie Antoinette is back with a vengence...HAHA. Take care, thanks for the response.

xoxo, Tiff C.

Aug 27 06 07:55 pm Link

Model

Tiffany Morgan

DeathbyNew-Wave wrote:
I thought this would be about the FABULOUS cover with Kirsten Dunst (sp?), on the cover as Marie Antoinette.GORGEOUS!!!

She looks amazing...it's nice to see her in a different role (not to mention one with dignity..hehehe..cough cough Bring It On) Just jokin...I love little Kirsten.

xoxo, Tiff C.

Aug 27 06 07:56 pm Link

Model

Tiffany Morgan

Gabriel wrote:
I have not seen it, but now I'll check it out next time at the bookstore. Thanks for the heads-up. I usually prefer the foreign editions but this one sounds like a winner.

Sounds great, let me know what you think ;-)

xoxo, Tiff C.

Aug 27 06 07:57 pm Link

Model

Tiffany Morgan

Christine Summers wrote:
I know, I kept gong "is that Kate Moss?" for like 5 diff designers.  I loved the Vogue!

I was saying the same thing! I was like "another one..wait wait..another one?!" haha4

xoxo, Tiff C.

Aug 27 06 07:58 pm Link

Model

Tiffany Morgan

Chris Mednansky wrote:
and P.S. America loves a bad girl, but most can only justify their adoration if she claims to be 'reformed'

much agreed...can't we just show some luv for the bad girls??? hehehe.

xoxo, Tiff

Aug 27 06 07:59 pm Link

Model

Tiffany Morgan

gdsandy wrote:
Saw it loved it.  Whatever about oss' personality, habits etc.  She is a great model and manages to look brilliant and help get exceptional pictures.

Agreed. Which is why I completely adore and respect her..she get's the job done..a face you never get tired of looking at ;-)

xoxo, Tiff

Aug 27 06 08:01 pm Link

Model

Tiffany Morgan

gavin oneill wrote:
btw, whos on the cover of the issue we are talking about here? is it kirsten dunst?

Yep, it's Kirsten Dunst.

xoxo, Tiff C.

Aug 27 06 08:02 pm Link

Model

Grey C

San Francisco, California, US

UGH gawd yes I LOVE kate moss now. I am so very happy she is making her comeback. I read an article about her in a Bravo magazine (i think thats what it was) and I just fell in love with her. She was the cover on that one, and had some of her older stuff in it too.

Kate Moss is awesome.

Aug 27 06 11:29 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Heard she wore Converse sneakers under the big dresses during filming. How cool is that chick! But to let a hottie like Jake Gyllenall go? So not cool.

https://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060811/060811_antoinette_vmed_2p.widec.jpg

Aug 27 06 11:42 pm Link

Photographer

Star

It was so great, it blew Harper's Bazarre out of the water. I got it the day it came out, and a friend of mine tried to walk off with it. I was like no you didn't.

But than I realised I was white, and so gently asked for it back,

Star

Aug 27 06 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

Lucinda Wedge

Littlerock, California, US

I  thought this was going to be about Roberto Aguilara's Tigi ad with him credited in this issue.  Fotorat rocks!

Aug 27 06 11:47 pm Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

haven't taken a look at a magazine in a while but i can stop and take a peek ^^

Aug 27 06 11:55 pm Link

Model

jasmine o

Castro Valley, California, US

seriously...the new harpers bazarre had kate moss on like every other pg, cover, and article on her...gorgeous shots though! big_smile

Aug 27 06 11:57 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

Vogue italia is the way to go... !!

Aug 28 06 01:21 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Tiffany Cottey wrote:
Can I just say that Vogue's September issue is filled with exceptional images (From the Ads to the Editorials). A favorite face of mine has made her comeback for not one BUT several large designers; Miss Kate Moss ;-) Any comments?? Anyone actually care??..haha.

~Tiff C.

Some of the ads are stunning , but I thought the editorial  photography was a bit weak . Very happy to see my model freind Cocoa Rocha make her editorial debut  in US Vogue( the spread in the East Coast Fishing Village ) but I thought many of  photographer Arthur Elgorts images were kinda bland ...

Aug 28 06 02:20 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

I don't know if I'd call it a comeback. Miss Kate Moss has been consistently appearing in ads in W this whole time. This is a little off topic but has anyone else ever noticed that one of her eyes is a little off. I don't know which, I think it's her right one, but it's not aligned with the other one. She's still gorgeous I just think it's weird with how successful she is. another side note. I have often been mistaken for kirsten Dunst, by other tourists, usually when I'm out traveling, or sometimes by children who think I starred in spiderman. so I always feel slightly attached to what she does in an odd way. when I saw the cover it made me happy to be confused for her.

Aug 28 06 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

Sam-H

Paris, Arkansas, US

Dax wrote:
Vogue italia is the way to go... !!

The September issue of Vogue Italia is usually the best, too. It comes out with that supplemental, with editorials from cover to cover.

Aug 28 06 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

Tracy L Province

Omaha, Arkansas, US

I saw this month's issue and bought it...I've devoured it over and over cover to cover...amazing issue

Aug 28 06 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Lu wrote:
I  thought this was going to be about Roberto Aguilara's Tigi ad with him credited in this issue.  Fotorat rocks!

They credit him and the other guy in every ad, I subscribe to Vogue mag and he's been credited in like the last 3 as well. So this wasn't the first.

Must be cool to have your work in Vogue however.....

Aug 30 06 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

oh and yes, I love this months issue of Vogue. I still haven't looked through the whole thing yet.

One thing I love about Vogue...You get more then 100 pages ALWAYS lol

Aug 30 06 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

fotorat

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom

dncphotos wrote:

They credit him and the other guy in every ad, I subscribe to Vogue mag and he's been credited in like the last 3 as well. So this wasn't the first.

Must be cool to have your work in Vogue however.....

lol
Anthony Mascolo is  an amazing person....

oh and btw "that other guy" owns the company as well....

Aug 30 06 04:46 pm Link

Model

Sky Above

Garry k wrote:

Some of the ads are stunning , but I thought the editorial  photography was a bit weak .  but I thought many of  photographer Arthur Elgorts images were kinda bland ...

AGREED...picked it up today....was only impressed with the ads.

Aug 30 06 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

fotorat wrote:
lol
Anthony Mascolo is  an amazing person....

oh and btw "that other guy" owns the company as well....

Yeah, thats his name te hee, I could only remember yours because I've actually spoke to you and see your work here alot lol.
I would have had to go find the ad to remember his.

You both are awesome at what you do smile

Aug 30 06 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

Rayzor and Penny Team

Lansdale, Pennsylvania, US

Personally--I prefer W,Elle,Flair(an INCREDIBLE Italian magazine),British Vogue,British Elle.American Vogue is FAR too Palm Beach,not to mention they NEVER use models on the cover anymore,the europeans pretty much ALWAYS use models on their covers.By the way,British Vogue has Kate Moss on their cover and they also have a pictorial withher in it.BEATS American Vogue where all they are showing are her ads.(I guess that's better than nothing though)...Everybody should try looking at the European mags if you can because the pictorials are more editorial than Vogue is.Just sit in a B&N and Borders cafe and sit and look at them all.It will close your eyes to Vogue forever,I promise you!Look at the modelsand the designers and the way photographers are shooting,not to mention the Make-Up.Those are the MOST important things to look at,especially ifyou are a model.KNOW who the designers are.Even if you are outside of NY,if you want to model or be a photographer,it's important to know your stuff!

Aug 30 06 04:56 pm Link