Forums > General Industry > Does a website really make a difference

Model

Fede Rhodes

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

As a model I have to say I used to ahve one,it was cool design but I didnt had too much traffic on it ye very few job messages I had one but not interesting. Its difficult to keep your site updated if you dont know about flash etc so my MM profile is ok I can show my best pictures its a quick link to submit my pics. It may not look that profesional but at least I can keep it updated and not depending on anybody else,I can tell you it was frustrating.I rather ahve my MM profile than a dead website.At the end your work speack for itself so no matter how good or profeesional the website looks if your images dont reach profesional standard anybody would tell you're a "wannabe" that has a website up(something that anybody can get for free). SO nowdays I dont think it says too much about your profesionalism. Anyway if you got good work and a cool designed website its more enjoyable but not the reason why you'll get an asigment I think.There are more ways to show your profesioanlism mainly your work, the way you aproach clients,education etc..

Aug 29 06 09:46 am Link

Photographer

PunkHeart

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Hamza wrote:
I have been in business for 20 years, still no website, too busy to actually sit down and get one...

Your images speak for themselves.  Who gives a fuck if a model thinks you are less professional if you don't have your own website.  It's not like you count on models to pay you to pay your bills...

I have seen many AMAZING websites for photographers, all fancy Flash stuff and music going on, but the images the site showcases suck!  If a model really believes that someone who has a website is more professional than someone that doesn't I could care less.

Models don't pay my bills, my clients do.  If you have to worry about what models think about your work and your work is primarily making money off of models, you have more problems than worrying about than a website...

This guy took the words right out of my mouth!!!!

Aug 29 06 09:50 am Link