Forums > General Industry > Help!!!! Is this REAL or a Hoax

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

I recenlty sent in my info and pics to this website looking for models for a fashion show.  They said I got in but they want 381 dollars please read below and tell me if this is a fake

BIJORHCA MODELS INC.
PORTE DE VERSAILLES, HALL 5.
Telfax: +33 (0) 6240 10129
Email: [email protected]
[email protected]

ECLAT DE MODE SHOW AND REED MODEL EXHIBITION.

Hello Kirsty
The entire management of Bijorhca Models Incorported really appreciate your willingness to join us in making the on-coming Eclat de Mode show which will be held on September 2006 a success.So the attorney will forward a copy of the contract to you for your perusal.
So become a bonafide participant by completing and signing the attached application form and send to our accredited attorney BARRISTER HENRY C IBEH via email attachment([email protected]) as recieved from us with the total sum €300 Or $381.922(USD) so that he can prepare the necessary legal binding court approved contract papers for documentation because due to unseriousness and breach of agreement from the part of some selected participants in this year's (2006) Feburary event the management of Bijorhca Models Inc. has deemed it necessary that selected participants for the September 2006 event should enter into an exclusive and sole agreement on an open end contract with us to enableyou sue or be sued for any breach of contract.Secondly your flight ticket will be sent to you once the attorney gets back to us with your complete contract documentation ,so we urge you to co-operate with him to avoid any delay.
We hope you understand our plight and also we apologise for any inconveniences this might cause you.

SEE BELOW FOR THE BREAKDOWN OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE COST.

A breakdown of the court adminstrative cost is as follows:

Probate secretarial/administrative charges --------------- €16.00 (EUR)
Affidavit sworn on your behalf at the high court of Justice ------- €20.00(EUR)

Government stamp duties --------- €7.00 (EUR)

Witnesses verification ------ €7.00 (EUR)

Registered Speed post (DHL)-------------------- €50.00 (EUR)

Refundable commitment fee of ----------------- €200.00(EUR)

Make the payment via western union money transfer in the name of LUTITIA MANSARD,secretary to Barritister Henry Ibeh as he will be very busy in the court of law preparing documents for other models who has made their payment.
So you will send back to the attorney together with the filled form the following payment informations:

SENDERS NAME AND ADDRESS: ?
RECIEVERS NAME AND ADDRESS: LUTITIA MANSARD
MTCN(money transfer control number) : ?
AMOUNT SENT: €300.00 (EUR) OR 381.922(USD)

Hope to hear from you soon and make sure you make the payment immediately on reciept of this mail as we dont have abymore time left.Thank you and congratulations once again.

Sincerely
Andy Duke

NOTE: YOU ARE ALLOWED TO COME ALONG WITH ONE CHAPERONE,BUT HE/SHE SHALL BE GIVEN A 50% REBATE OF TOTAL FLIGHT TICKET COST,ACCOMODATION AND FEEDING COST.

Aug 25 06 11:35 am Link

Photographer

Imago

Portland, Maine, US

EDIT: I believe it's a scam - but that's without looking at it further.

Aug 25 06 11:37 am Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

Imago wrote:
EDIT: I believe it's a scam - but that's without looking at it further.

smile thanks

Aug 25 06 11:41 am Link

Model

Lillith Leda

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

If it's not in fact a scam it sounds a bit of a cheek to me.

In any event, if you feel it's legit you should research the company, names involved and who exactly you'd be sending your money to.

Paying to be in a fashion show. How odd.

Aug 25 06 11:42 am Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

I just noticed that It says hello Kirsty thats not my name sad

Aug 25 06 11:42 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

https://www.charlesbeckwith.com/gagimages/scam.jpg

Aug 25 06 11:43 am Link

Photographer

TheLoftStudios

Houston, Texas, US

If It Involves Western Union.....IT'S A SCAM!!!!!

Not Saying that Western Union is personally involved, but people deal with Western Union Transfers because they're hard to track.....in other words, anyone on the other end can pick up the money.  And Western Union refuses to cooperate with authorities on the issue!

Happens All The Time On eBay!!!

Aug 25 06 11:43 am Link

Model

Lillith Leda

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Ched wrote:

Haha brilliant!

Aug 25 06 11:44 am Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

Lillith Leda wrote:

Haha brilliant!

Very funny smile

Aug 25 06 11:47 am Link

Aug 25 06 11:49 am Link

Photographer

Blackmirror Photogenics

New York, New York, US

I smell a scam!

Aug 25 06 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Ana Yacubic Photography

Riverside, California, US

You can always tell a legit modeling agency from a scam in that a real one would not charge the model anything--they pay YOU to be a part of their team not the other way around. As soon as they start asking you for money, run!
Most especially with Western Union.

Follow your gut, if you have to question whether something is a scam it likely is.

Aug 25 06 11:54 am Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

Ched wrote:

Wasnt it the old lady who didnt want 'scam' (spam).

Aug 25 06 11:55 am Link

Photographer

RED Photographic

If you're really really desperate to send money to a stranger, I'd rather you sent it to me.  No fake emails or false promises from me, I guarantee you won't get anything for your money.

Aug 25 06 11:56 am Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

1. Send to Western Union = Scam
2. Pay to person instead of company name = Scam
3. Bad spelling and grammar = Scam
4. Yahoo e-mail address = Scam
5. Typical pay to participate in show = Scam
6. Hire for company shows without interview = Scam

Aug 25 06 11:57 am Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

Thanks everybody Damn the Man! sad

Aug 25 06 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

John W Cochran

Auburn, Alabama, US

RED Photographic wrote:
If you're really really desperate to send money to a stranger, I'd rather you sent it to me.  No fake emails or false promises from me, I guarantee you won't get anything for your money.

Damn I was going to make the same offer.

Paying to be in a show doen't make sense, any you have to travel out of the country! 

I'm not sure but there may be some large gatherings in the states to get models and agencies together, spend your dollars going to something like that instead.

Aug 25 06 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

dfstudios

Mill Valley, California, US

You're welcome, just a few more:

myway is a webportal like yahoo. Why would a business use a portal account when for less than a beer a month they can have their own website?

France does not have INC. France has SA (big companies) and SARL (little companies).

I don't know any reputable corporation that lets anybody make payments to assistants personally. Refundable? Under what circumstances?

Aug 25 06 12:14 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

Notice:  Undefined index:  post_id in /home/tyler/www/modelmayhem/post_reply.php on line 24

Utter scam - you have to ask??

Never pay and dont give credence to any COMPANY that cant write in English.
They can hire some one who can communicate professionally... otherwise its just some guy, or a scam

;-)

and whats that about FEEDING COSTS ??
.. I'm doubled up laughing...
what do they think you are gonna bring?
A horse?!?

Aug 25 06 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

google doesnt show them having their own website, i'd say scam

everyone has a website

Aug 25 06 12:21 pm Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

Thanks I am kinda new to modeling and just wanted to get some feedback so I didn't waste the time or money or get my hopes up smile

Aug 25 06 01:13 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Pearls wrote:
I recenlty sent in my info and pics to this website looking for models for a fashion show.  They said I got in but they want 381 dollars please read below and tell me if this is a fake

BIJORHCA MODELS INC.
PORTE DE VERSAILLES, HALL 5.
Telfax: +33 (0) 6240 10129
Email: [email protected]
[email protected]

ECLAT DE MODE SHOW AND REED MODEL EXHIBITION.

Hello Kirsty
The entire management of Bijorhca Models Incorported really appreciate your willingness to join us in making the on-coming Eclat de Mode show which will be held on September 2006 a success.So the attorney will forward a copy of the contract to you for your perusal.
So become a bonafide participant by completing and signing the attached application form and send to our accredited attorney BARRISTER HENRY C IBEH via email attachment([email protected]) as recieved from us with the total sum €300 Or $381.922(USD) so that he can prepare the necessary legal binding court approved contract papers for documentation because due to unseriousness and breach of agreement from the part of some selected participants in this year's (2006) Feburary event the management of Bijorhca Models Inc. has deemed it necessary that selected participants for the September 2006 event should enter into an exclusive and sole agreement on an open end contract with us to enableyou sue or be sued for any breach of contract.Secondly your flight ticket will be sent to you once the attorney gets back to us with your complete contract documentation ,so we urge you to co-operate with him to avoid any delay.
We hope you understand our plight and also we apologise for any inconveniences this might cause you.

SEE BELOW FOR THE BREAKDOWN OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE COST.

A breakdown of the court adminstrative cost is as follows:

Probate secretarial/administrative charges --------------- €16.00 (EUR)
Affidavit sworn on your behalf at the high court of Justice ------- €20.00(EUR)

Government stamp duties --------- €7.00 (EUR)

Witnesses verification ------ €7.00 (EUR)

Registered Speed post (DHL)-------------------- €50.00 (EUR)

Refundable commitment fee of ----------------- €200.00(EUR)

Make the payment via western union money transfer in the name of LUTITIA MANSARD,secretary to Barritister Henry Ibeh as he will be very busy in the court of law preparing documents for other models who has made their payment.
So you will send back to the attorney together with the filled form the following payment informations:

SENDERS NAME AND ADDRESS: ?
RECIEVERS NAME AND ADDRESS: LUTITIA MANSARD
MTCN(money transfer control number) : ?
AMOUNT SENT: €300.00 (EUR) OR 381.922(USD)

Hope to hear from you soon and make sure you make the payment immediately on reciept of this mail as we dont have abymore time left.Thank you and congratulations once again.

Sincerely
Andy Duke

NOTE: YOU ARE ALLOWED TO COME ALONG WITH ONE CHAPERONE,BUT HE/SHE SHALL BE GIVEN A 50% REBATE OF TOTAL FLIGHT TICKET COST,ACCOMODATION AND FEEDING COST.

1. it's a scam
2. it's a scam because it asks for money upfront
3. if it's not a scam, why waste your time with people asking for money? there are plenty of fashion shows that YOU (yes, you) can be compensated for...in the form of money, tears, exposure, etc.

Pass on it

Aug 25 06 01:17 pm Link

Model

Idaho

Colorado Springs, Colorado, US

Scam or not I don't do anything requiring me to spend my own money.

Aug 25 06 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

Marilyn Nieves

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Poor scamsters try their hardest to make it look legit.
Once they have your account number they will deplete your account.

Aug 25 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Pivak Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

All please note:

Agencies never ask for money!  Only after your signed and working will they deduct the expenses of web, portfolio deliveries and comp cards..and whatever else they have to spend on a model. 

Use your head...if in doubt, throw in out!

Aug 25 06 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

Me entire management team laughs at their entire management team.  LOL.  HAR HAR I say.

Aug 25 06 01:44 pm Link

Model

Chocolate Dipped Gina

Lacey, Washington, US

Man my luck just keeps getting worse

Aug 25 06 01:47 pm Link