Forums > General Industry > TFP&CD Shoots or Pay.

Photographer

Magic Image Photography

Temple City, California, US

Cute lil TFP Or Pay shoot story. I did a photoshoot with a model in my area who didn't belive in TFP shoots only pay work. I hired her to do a shoot with me and after the shoot she asked if i was going to give her any pictures and a CD and i said NO. due to the fact that it was a payed shoot and I don't give out   any prints or CD unless its a TFP shoot. I payed her $250.00 for the shoot. She asked to see the images on my computer after i down loaded them and she was amazed of how beautiful she looked and request i should give her a CD at least. I said no I'm Sorry but I don't give out free work for Payed shoots. then she insesteaded i give her prints and CD and asked how much i would charge her for Prints and Cd i said $250.00 two weeks passed by and she called me and said she wanted to see me in person. She had with her $250.00 and asked to see the Prints and CD. She enjoyed all of the images and was very excited to post some of my work on her page. I woundered. Shissh i got my money back she got her images Cd as originaly planned now was not that a TFP or what. Go figure Geees. Bravo Magic Image Photography

Apr 26 05 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Koz

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by Richard Bravo: 
Shissh i got my money back she got her images Cd as originaly planned now was not that a TFP or what. 

Usually it works a little smoother

Apr 26 05 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

Herb Way

Black Mountain, North Carolina, US

Good for you Richard!  Glad you stuck to your guns.  Hope you got a model release.  Many models refuse to acknowledge the value of our services.  They have it in their heads that a CD only costs x$.   

Apr 26 05 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

Aperture Photographics

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Posted by Richard Bravo: 
Cute lil TFP Or Pay shoot story. I did a photoshoot with a model in my area who didn't belive in TFP shoots only pay work. I hired her to do a shoot with me and after the shoot she asked if i was going to give her any pictures and a CD and i said NO. due to the fact that it was a payed shoot and I don't give out   any prints or CD unless its a TFP shoot. I payed her $250.00 for the shoot. She asked to see the images on my computer after i down loaded them and she was amazed of how beautiful she looked and request i should give her a CD at least. I said no I'm Sorry but I don't give out free work for Payed shoots. then she insesteaded i give her prints and CD and asked how much i would charge her for Prints and Cd i said $250.00 two weeks passed by and she called me and said she wanted to see me in person. She had with her $250.00 and asked to see the Prints and CD. She enjoyed all of the images and was very excited to post some of my work on her page. I woundered. Shissh i got my money back she got her images Cd as originaly planned now was not that a TFP or what. Go figure Geees. Bravo Magic Image Photography 

You should have charged her $500.  ;-)

Apr 26 05 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

Herb Way

Black Mountain, North Carolina, US

I agree, you should have upped the price.

Apr 26 05 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

WASH-HI PHOTO

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Wow, good story!!!  Another example of the value of communications between the model and photographer before the shoot.  There is no substitute for complete understanding and agreement.  I once had a similar experience and the model was so hostile, I reshot with another model and destroyed the shoot files.  Cost me money and a lot of mental anguish.

Apr 27 05 01:17 pm Link