Forums > General Industry > What do you like to do better ?

Photographer

That Look Photography

Clearwater, Florida, US

Do photographers and models enjoy doing paid shoots or when a model and photographer can get together and just come up with some awesome stuff they both can use as a trade ? I am finding the shoots that are not paid are more fun when both the model and the photographer are both looking for some great images and not bent on just making money.

Mike

Aug 24 06 05:14 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

That Look Photo wrote:
Do photographers and models enjoy doing paid shoots or when a model and photographer can get together and just come up with some awesome stuff they both can use as a trade ? I am finding the shoots that are not paid are more fun when both the model and the photographer are both looking for some great images and not bent on just making money.

Mike

It's also possible to get paid and care about how the images turn out.

Aug 24 06 05:17 am Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

The majority of my paid shoots are people I wouldnt collaborate with. I have more FUN doing my collaborations, but sadly little time for them. I do have FUN cashing checks though and keeping deposits of those who decide later to cancel.

Aug 24 06 05:49 am Link

Photographer

Sockpuppet Studios

San Francisco, California, US

Wynd Mulysa wrote:

SSSHHHH Wynd that was supposed to be a secret you wern't suposed to tell anybody about that......

If we didn't have fun why would be be doing this for a living.....
some days/assignments are more fun than others but that is true for every job in life...

Aug 24 06 09:31 am Link

Photographer

That Look Photography

Clearwater, Florida, US

Wynd Mulysa wrote:

This did not have anything to do with the value of paid shoots. Just if people find it more enjoyable when model and photographer are free to do new things and not watch a clock basicly..

Mike

Aug 24 06 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

That Look Photography

Clearwater, Florida, US

Experimental Photoworks wrote:

SSSHHHH Wynd that was supposed to be a secret you wern't suposed to tell anybody about that......

If we didn't have fun why would be be doing this for a living.....
some days/assignments are more fun than others but that is true for every job in life...

That is so true...

Mike

Aug 24 06 02:33 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

I think both are a mixed bag. To me the more important factors in how fun a shoot is, are the people you are working with.

Aug 24 06 02:34 pm Link