Forums > General Industry > O.M.G. It really does happen.

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

I posted a casting for artistic nude bondage. (I posted it here but I also posted it at CraigsList. The response was from CraigsList.)

I get a response:

"Im $MODELNAME I Am Interested In More Info About The
Shoot And Is There Pay (links to local model site and OMP portfolio.)"

I go to the portfolio and, while I see a lot of covered topless (arm over breasts while other hand suggestively pulls on panties, sort of thing) there are no nudes and this text in bio:

"I do not do nude so please don't ask."

I reply:

"Thank you for your inquiry. The shoot requires nudity and both of your portfolios explicitly say that you don't do nudity. I would be happy to send you more information but if you don't do nudity there is no point in proceeding further."

I get back:

"It Says On Ur Ad No Crotch Shots Tho I Would Like Mre
Info And How Much Are U Payin"

So, either "I do not do nude so please don't ask" really means "... unless there is money involved," or "nude" really means "Crotch Shots." Either way, I'm confused.

She is cute, though, so what the Hell, I'll take a flyer.

M

Aug 23 06 04:49 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Her typing makes my brain bleed. sad

Aug 23 06 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Jesus, did the model have a stroke between post one and post two?

Aug 23 06 04:52 pm Link

Model

StacyJack

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:

he he he he!

Aug 23 06 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:

R U FiNe Ding the 2oND rEply HaRd 2 WrEEd?!??? OMGLOLWTFz!!!

Aug 23 06 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Michael J

Rustburg, Virginia, US

wHen aRe pEopLe gOnnA leArN hOw 2 rEspoNd 2 a cAsTing cAll wIthOut tYpIng iN MYSPACE sTyLe . . . 

Geez!  It doesn't take that much intelligence people, and looks so much more professional to be straight with someone.

Aug 23 06 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Appears to be a concensus of opinion on this one.

Aug 23 06 05:01 pm Link

Model

Gingerwings

Baltimore, Maryland, US

My guess is the first one was a cut + paste job and the second was her typing a reply.  Short hand is linguistic heresy.  ...It makes me sad. 

Yeah, that's a little weird though..talk about blurring the line.

Aug 23 06 06:56 pm Link

Model

PlusModelNikki

Pontiac, Michigan, US

Ugh! Just for her typing alone I'd like to slap a mavis beacon teaches typing cd rom in her computer!

Aug 23 06 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Lexi Evans

Levittown, New York, US

I personally only do nude work if the photographer promises to let me sing and dance during the whole shoot.

otherwise, i absolutely never do nude!

Aug 23 06 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Sy

Morris Plains, New Jersey, US

MaY-B   i LosE CLientS bY NoT evEn ResPoNdinG To EmAiLz liKe tHiS, bUt i HaV a Fun-E FeEliNg ThEy wud B thE tYpe 2 noT shOw uP 4 ThEir ShoOt N-E-wayz!!

Im sort of just responding to the way the model typed and I do agree with what someone else said above, she may have had a stroke between emails. Haha. How sad. I take a lot of time to sit and write nice, professional, detailed emails to models and usually get one-line responses back, unsigned and typed like the above example. I cant say thank you enough to all of the women and men I have worked with who contact me or respond to me in an intelligent and professional way. It makes the whole thing run so smooth and things get DONE. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

My two cents.

Aug 23 06 07:04 pm Link

Model

Mayanlee

New City, New York, US

I only have two words in response:

Stu-Pid.

Aug 23 06 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Lexi Evans wrote:
I personally only do nude work if the photographer promises to let me sing and dance during the whole shoot.

Can you be here for my Aug 26 shoot? :-)

Aug 23 06 07:50 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Her response makes me feel less of an idiot...

But since I am kinda stupid I would have to say she might of thought by showing her boob that it wouldn't be considered naked, but her Vagina monkey would mean naked... but what ever I'm talking about makes as much sence as what she was talking about big_smile

Aug 23 06 07:56 pm Link

Model

Antonina

Atlanta, Georgia, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:

haha seems like it, she needs to learn how to write an email and spell!!!!!!!!!

Aug 23 06 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

jac3950

Freedom, New Hampshire, US

Sy wrote:
MaY-B   i LosE CLientS bY NoT evEn ResPoNdinG To EmAiLz liKe tHiS, bUt i HaV a Fun-E FeEliNg ThEy wud B thE tYpe 2 noT shOw uP 4 ThEir ShoOt N-E-wayz!!

My two cents.

ha ha ha
U speldt ThEre RooNg

Aug 23 06 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

e-string wrote:

Me too.

Aug 23 06 08:34 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Mayanlee wrote:
I only have two words in response:

Stu-Pid.

err thats one word. Just with a hyphen. smile

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Youngyoshi3989/elmo.gif

Aug 23 06 08:37 pm Link

Photographer

Howard Garcia

New York, New York, US

Lexi Evans wrote:

Ok I promise to let you sing and dance all you want!
Now...when are you available to shoot?

wink

Aug 23 06 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

James Perrin

Scarsdale, New York, US

Lexi Evans wrote:

OK, I promise. Let the disrobing begin.

Aug 23 06 08:54 pm Link

Model

Mayanlee

New City, New York, US

Electra T wrote:

err thats one word. Just with a hyphen. smile

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Youngyoshi3989/elmo.gif

OK, then.

Stu pid.

If they feel free to hurt my head with the New Grammar, then I feel free to pass that on.

Aug 23 06 09:13 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Mayanlee wrote:

OK, then.

Stu pid.

If they feel free to hurt my head with the New Grammar, then I feel free to pass that on.

Oh kae than!

Aug 23 06 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

You can't find a serious bondage model anywhere in Illinois?  You might want to try a little harder before wasting another second on this potential landmine.

Aug 23 06 09:19 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

I have no problem with 'Crotch Shots'
I will do them for free for the best photgraphers (so long as you TRY to type properly) ...But the singing and dancing costs extra.
A lot more.

And
I WON'T do ''pulling on the panties with teasing smiles ... for ALL THE TEA IN CHINA!

Aug 23 06 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Lexi Evans wrote:

https://friend.ly.net/users/jorban/interviews/microphone.gif

A present for Lexi.

Aug 23 06 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

Free at last

Fresno, California, US

StMarc wrote:
I posted a casting for artistic nude bondage. (I posted it here but I also posted it at CraigsList. The response was from CraigsList.)

I get a response:

I go to the portfolio and, while I see a lot of covered topless (arm over breasts while other hand suggestively pulls on panties, sort of thing) there are no nudes and this text in bio:

I reply:

"Thank you for your inquiry. The shoot requires nudity and both of your portfolios explicitly say that you don't do nudity. I would be happy to send you more information but if you don't do nudity there is no point in proceeding further."

I get back:

So, either "I do not do nude so please don't ask" really means "... unless there is money involved," or "nude" really means "Crotch Shots." Either way, I'm confused.

M

Seems to me the answer is rather obvious - respond in legalese or, better yet, Latin!

Aug 23 06 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

ericphotonyc

Brooklyn, New York, US

3-1 you waste your time and $.

Aug 23 06 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

e-string wrote:

myspace english - i refuse to answer text like that. hurts the brain !

Aug 23 06 10:50 pm Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Vincent Vega wrote:
Her response makes me feel less of an idiot...

But since I am kinda stupid I would have to say she might of thought by showing her boob that it wouldn't be considered naked, but her Vagina monkey would mean naked... but what ever I'm talking about makes as much sence as what she was talking about big_smile

"Vagina monkey?"  Hahaha.

And, just so everyone knows, PEOpLe TyPeD lIKe tHIs b4 mYsPaCe StArTED,,

Aug 23 06 10:58 pm Link

Photographer

lightswitch

Sacramento, California, US

did any of you guys notice she was only capitalizing the first letter of each word? that seems more like she was typing in all caps and a filter changed it. i see that a lot on other forums.

but aside from that, it's still terrible

Aug 24 06 12:08 am Link

Model

Mayanlee

New City, New York, US

Once overheard between two models on a set:

"Oh.. no problem, I can do b/g, g/g, bj, dp and toys. But no rope stuff ... that's just kinky!"

You all know painful it can be to have soda blown up your nose...

Aug 24 06 10:46 am Link

Model

Sabina N

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nikki S. wrote:
Ugh! Just for her typing alone I'd like to slap a mavis beacon teaches typing cd rom in her computer!

Heh heh!

...but Mavis Beacon would only teach her to type what she wrote faster, and using all fingers...

Yeah, she might just mean "no crotch shots" in her profile, but as the singing and dancing model indicated - some people are willing to bend their boundaries, if a particular project interests them smile

However, cute or not, it seems like the OP may have some communication issues in setting up the shoot with her anyway, with the automated way she writes...

~S.

Aug 24 06 10:55 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

StMarc wrote:

I get a response:

I reply:

I get back:

M

Thank you sooo much for posting that. hard day at work and really needed the laugh.

-D

ps...when I google "I do not do nude so please don't ask.", I wind up with a model in Florida who doesn't have an implied at all (I'm nosey- so sue me)....

Aug 24 06 10:58 am Link

Model

exgirlfriend

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Well what do you really expect when you post the ad on Craig's List?

And seriously? Why do people type like that? Is it faster? I just don't get it...

Aug 24 06 11:13 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

she learned to type from mavis bacon instead of mavis beacon, anyone could make that mistake

what's her omp number?

Aug 24 06 11:22 am Link

Model

Sara Beth

New York, New York, US

exgirlfriend wrote:
Well what do you really expect when you post the ad on Craig's List?

And seriously? Why do people type like that? Is it faster? I just don't get it...

I don't get it either. at first I thought people were just lazy (I sometimes get lazy and use "u" "r" w/ b/c and things like that, but NEVER during a proper communication with someone, just with friends)...but I don't think they are. I don't know if they are actually a little slower than the rest, or think it's cute, or something like that...but I just don't get it. Someone should run a study on the phenomenon...I'm sure it's having a devistating effect on the grammar and lingustic capacities of kids today...sadly. As a information science MS student, I hate to say this, but the technology age is really sucking for numerous reasons...

Aug 24 06 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Might I suggest modelmayhem.com?  I don't visit it often myself, but I've heard it's pretty good for finding models.

Aug 24 06 11:52 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Mayanlee wrote:
Once overheard between two models on a set:

"Oh.. no problem, I can do b/g, g/g, bj, dp and toys. But no rope stuff ... that's just kinky!"

You all know painful it can be to have soda blown up your nose...

Oh, I've run in to that SVERAL times
A number of women who'll do hardcore think bondage is too kinky

Aug 24 06 11:55 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Daniela V wrote:
Thank you sooo much for posting that. hard day at work and really needed the laugh.

-D

ps...when I google "I do not do nude so please don't ask.", I wind up with a model in Florida who doesn't have an implied at all (I'm nosey- so sue me)....

Oh, you're missing a LOT of them

Aug 24 06 11:56 am Link

Photographer

Habenero Photography

Mesa, Arizona, US

Nikki S. wrote:

That won't do any good unless it is also set up so that the only way she can get to the internet is to complete the course, repeatedly.

Aug 24 06 01:18 pm Link