Forums > General Industry > OMG! Please help me understand!!!!!!

Photographer

Shawn Ray

Tampa, Florida, US

Hamza wrote:

You may not be trying to be egotistical, but you are! 

I guessed it the first time!

You were insulted because you believe and I quote, "I'm by far not at her level, as a photographer."

No, that's not an egotistical thing to say....LMAO!

Dude, you're killing me!!!

By the way... what is LMAO?  I'm really not egotistical.  Really.  Ask my mom.  JUST KIDDING!!  Again... it's just a joke!

Aug 23 06 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ray

Tampa, Florida, US

Hamza wrote:

You may not be trying to be egotistical, but you are! 

I guessed it the first time!

You were insulted because you believe and I quote, "I'm by far not at her level, as a photographer."

Dude, you're killing me!!!

I'm not sure where my last qoute went, but it went something like this:  By the way... what is LMAO?  I'm really not egotistical.  Really... ask my Mom.  JUST KIDDING!  It's just a joke.

Aug 23 06 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

PK Digital Imaging

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Hamza wrote:

Uhh.. he was talking about the Heidi Klum reference in the post above that.

Aug 23 06 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Shawn Ray wrote:

I agreed with you a minute ago, but I have to disagree on this one.  That would be like ME pursuing her for a TFP.  I'm by far not at her level, as a photographer.  It's just that she is a non-professional pursuing a professional.  Please understand I'm not trying to be egotistical, it's just not the same.

See, now you make a great point.

Aug 23 06 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ray

Tampa, Florida, US

PK Digital Imaging wrote:

Uhh.. he was talking about the Heidi Klum reference in the post above that.

Thank you.  I guess I missed that.  I was trying to figure out what he was saying.  Yeah.... that's what I meant!

Aug 23 06 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ray

Tampa, Florida, US

DigitalCMH wrote:

See, now you make a great point.

I meant Heidi Klum, by the way.  Someone else missed that I guess.

Aug 23 06 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Shawn Ray wrote:
It's called 'Sarcasm" sugar tits!  Go back to having your dog lick peanut butter off you.  This was a civilized forum until you tainted it.
By the way, I'm just busting your chops.  No harm intended.  Just having a little fun.  Please forgive me.

Sarcasm from Florida?  Yeah ok!

Sugar tits?  Dude, I'm not gay, but I am flattered that you hit on me! 

Just because your dog licks peanut butter off of you doesn't mean that everyone else is the same. 

You are not busting my chops, you are trying to save face.  No harm done so don't worry about it. 

Oh, don't ask for forgiveness, it's Beneath you.

Aug 23 06 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ray

Tampa, Florida, US

Hamza wrote:

Just because your dog licks peanut butter off of you doesn't mean that everyone else is the same. 

You are not busting my chops, you are trying to save face.  No harm done so don't worry about it. 

Woa, Woa, Woa there cowboy!  Really, I'm just playing, not trying to save face.  Maybe we should just part ways.  There's not enough room on this forum for the both of us.

Aug 23 06 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ray

Tampa, Florida, US

Shawn Ray wrote:

Woa, Woa, Woa there cowboy!  Really, I'm just playing, not trying to save face.  Maybe we should just part ways.  There's not enough room on this forum for the both of us.

My poor attempt at a cliche' cowboy western.

Aug 23 06 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

So an amatuer asked someone who believes they are a pro for a free photo shoot. 

Can you blame her?  If I was a model I would try it too!  Maybe some "PRO" would take pitty on me and help me out just to be nice if they had time.  Even if you believe it to be outrageous, asking a question is not wrong.  Look at it from her point of view, she had nothing to lose!

If you said YES, she wins, if you say NO, oh well, she asks the next guy.

Aug 23 06 05:31 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Hamza wrote:

Wow... settle down. You misread something. No need to be all immature.

Aug 23 06 05:32 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

e-string wrote:
Wow... settle down. You misread something. No need to be all immature.

Hey Sugar Tits,  who asked you?  I didn't misread anything, in the ORIGINAL POST the photog was insulted that a model who was a total beginner would even ask him for a free shoot.  Who the hell calls people "Sugar Tits" anyway?

Aug 23 06 05:37 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Hamza wrote:
Hey Sugar Tits,  who asked you?  I didn't misread anything, in the ORIGINAL POST the photog was insulted that a model who was a total beginner would even ask him for a free shoot.  Who the hell calls people "Sugar Tits" anyway?

He never said or implied that he was insulted. He was confused, and he already stated that he wrote it without thinking much first.

Later when he said something about "I'm not at her level", he was referring to Heidi Klum and how she's top level and he's not. And even if he were referring to the MM model, maybe she simply wasn't at a professional level.

Getting so worked up over a thread really isn't a good way to present yourself.

Aug 23 06 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ray

Tampa, Florida, US

Hamza wrote:
So an amatuer asked someone who believes they are a pro for a free photo shoot. 

Can you blame her?  If I was a model I would try it too!  Maybe some "PRO" would take pitty on me and help me out just to be nice if they had time.  Even if you believe it to be outrageous, asking a question is not wrong.  Look at it from her point of view, she had nothing to lose!

If you said YES, she wins, if you say NO, oh well, she asks the next guy.

I can't argue with that answer.  I totally agree.  I really wasn't insulted by her asking for a TFP.  What I want to know is if you want to be a professional model, what is the best way to go about it?  Too many models on here want to "Make it" in the fashion world, but don't want to make that initial investment.  I don't disagree with TFP's by any means.  It's a way for people to get a start.  But, you have to make that first step, eventually.

Aug 23 06 05:47 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hamza wrote:

You are very interesting when you get all heated smile

Never thought I would see the day...

Would "sugar balls" have been a better term?..lol

Okay I will go back to being a thread voyeur now. big_smile

Aug 23 06 05:48 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ray

Tampa, Florida, US

Can anyone tell me what LMAO is.  If I'm being insulted I would like to know how.  LOL.

Aug 23 06 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/l/lmao.htm

Personally I like 'Sugar Tits' better.

Aug 23 06 05:57 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ray

Tampa, Florida, US

Meehan Photography wrote:
http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/l/lmao.htm