Forums > General Industry > Different shots, opinions please

Photographer

Daniel Hice Image Works

Kennesaw, Georgia, US

I did a shoot at the 2005 Top Gun Ride for Children on the 16th. I have posted 5 pics from the event in my port and would like feedback on them. The organizers of the event were extremely pleased with my series, over 600 shots total. I would like to get feedback from the other photographers here on your general opinions of my style regarding this type of shooting.

I know this is a model site but we don't all only shoot models and I would have to assume that for most of us, models aren't our main source of income.

It has been pointed out to me that I have to really stand back and work hard on my lighting and I am up to the challenge. How did I do in these shots? Is it still far from what it should be? I am shooting another rally on Sunday and would like pointers.

Apr 26 05 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

Daniel Hice Image Works

Kennesaw, Georgia, US

hmm guess that one didn't work well. Can you guys give me a website to a "general" photographers site so I can post non-model stuff for feedback. I really want to get as much feedback as I can about all my different projects so I can enhance them all. I know there has to be some out there, just haven't found them yet.

Apr 26 05 09:30 pm Link

Photographer

J. E. Patterson

Seattle, Washington, US

Try PhotoSIG.com

In general, I thought the shots looked pretty solid, but a little static; your compositions are fairly centrally weighted. And I'd bring the sky down to at least Zone IX on the flag shot, but that maybe just the web-sizing.

Apr 28 05 01:41 am Link