Forums > General Industry > Model Needs Ideas

Photographer

Randy Pond Photogaphy

Vegreville, Alberta, Canada

I recently worked with this model ANTISAINT MM #10181  and we were discussing her work.  We live in northern, Alberta, Canada and it's not really a place where models can thrive.  She does modelling mostly for fun but I was trying to encourage her to try and do something with it.  However, I am new to working with models, so I thought people here could offer some advice.  I'll pass on any advice to her...I would like to see her make a bit of money out of modelling.  I don't do photography full time but I make a little money out of it, enough to pay for some equipment, I think she should be able to do the same.  Any advice is appreciated.  Here is a picture of her so you can get an idea of what she looks like:
https://i.pbase.com/g2/39/621739/2/65622372.gz9VUMOC.jpg
Please post something positive, if you've got negatives to say, then keep them to yourself please...not looking for a critique of the pictures or her look, just looking for comments as to what she might be able to do with modelling...thanks.

Aug 23 06 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

Tiffany Alonzo

To be honest there really isnt much work for a "goth" type model if she's looking to be paid really well.

The best advice I can give is to network those who do use gothic models. Look up magazines and such. She should also try looking into a talent agency for tv and movies. Good luck to you both!

Aug 23 06 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

Offer her services to a local camera club.

Aug 23 06 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

Late Bloomer Studios

Buffalo, New York, US

Well Randy I'm a little lost. The question should be, What can't AntiSaint do with her look? I've checked out her page, she looks fantastic, has a great gothic style, and natural beauty. I think she should figure out where she wants to take it, and then head in that direction. The sky is the limit when it comes to getting your goals accomplished, right?

If she doesn't already, she should think of posting her own web site. She could try to get seen in some independent horror flicks. She could move to Vancouver, or Toronto, or the states if she wants to be in a more conducive environment. Lots of options, but in the end it really just depends on her drive, and ultimately her means. Other than that she has a great portfolio, maybe more sites like this one, and exposure will help her along. Suicide Girls perhaps?

Aug 23 06 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

Randy Pond Photogaphy

Late Bloomer Studios wrote:
Well Randy I'm a little lost. The question should be, What can't AntiSaint do with her look? I've checked out her page, she looks fantastic, has a great gothic style, and natural beauty. I think she should figure out where she wants to take it, and then head in that direction. The sky is the limit when it comes to getting your goals accomplished, right?

If she doesn't already, she should think of posting her own web site. She could try to get seen in some independent horror flicks. She could move to Vancouver, or Toronto, or the states if she wants to be in a more conducive environment. Lots of options, but in the end it really just depends on her drive, and ultimately her means. Other than that she has a great portfolio, maybe more sites like this one, and exposure will help her along. Suicide Girls perhaps?

That's good advice...thanks, she has thought about Suicide Girls and maybe she should go for something like that.  She doesn't like the idea of nudity, she's done it before, but I don't know if that's what she really wants.  I realize the gothic thing is a certain look that doesn't appeal to everyone.  I know she needs to move to a better location.  I think she'd do great in Toronto, I'm just looking for maybe something we already have not thought of yet.  The horror flicks is a good idea...I'll pass it on.
Thanks again to people who posted.

Aug 23 06 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Well, she’s definitely got the Goth look down.

SG is always an option there, however if she truly does want to make a few bucks, try some diversity.

Maybe hi-end fashion, lingerie, glamour… etc anything that her pale skin works with.

Take the spikes out of her face and she just might look hot big_smile

Aug 23 06 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

Randy Pond Photogaphy

C R Photography wrote:
Well, she’s definitely got the Goth look down.

SG is always an option there, however if she truly does want to make a few bucks, try some diversity.

Maybe hi-end fashion, lingerie, glamour… etc anything that her pale skin works with.

Take the spikes out of her face and she just might look hot big_smile

Hmmm, that's the 2nd post here mentioning SG, I know she's considered it, maybe that is the way for her to go.  I agree if she took them out she'd maybe have more chances to do other things.  I guess it comes down to how badly she wants to model.

Aug 23 06 03:36 pm Link

Artist/Painter

TAFKA Scött

A few random ideas:

She could team up with a photographer and sell images on deviantart, that wouldn't require relocation or anything. Look at Juxtapoz magazine too.

Then, There's always modeling for artists and art schools--the pay sucks, but it is usually steady work.

Aug 23 06 06:00 pm Link

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

Try sending some photos to goth mags like Gothic Beauty or Skin Too, Elegy...

Aug 24 06 03:14 am Link

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Oh, I'd gladly provide her with a consistent source of paid shoots were she anywhere near me. She's exquisite. But she already knows my feelings about that.

Aug 24 06 03:20 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

Buy a plane ticket , hitch hike, take train to NYC,

Aug 24 06 09:14 am Link