Forums > General Industry > WARNING!!!! Please Read!

Model

No Longer Modeling

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I hosted my website through www.musecube.com and have an email address through them.  Since I created my site and several email addresses I have received at least 3 emails like the one below  The first time I got one I thought that maybe they had just emailed the wrong person… then I got a second and a third one.  Each email told a different story but ultimately involved someone leaving or giving money away to me that is no longer living or is soon to be deceased.  I don’t know what the sender of these emails is trying to achieve but I thought that I should let everyone I could know that emails from [email protected] and [email protected]  or anyone by the name of Barrister Greg John and Jennifer Wilson is probably a scam or virus.

Here is the Email:

To:    India Jackson
Cc:    
Date:    Wed, 23 Aug 2006 02:34:50
Subject:    Beloved
Attachment:    

Urgent Assistance

My name is Jennifer Wilson i am a dying woman who have decided to donate what i have to you/Charities. I am 64 years old and i was diagnosed for cancer for about 7 years ago, immediately after the death of my husband who lived all his life in America, who has left me everything he worked for.

I have been touched to donate from what i have inherited from my late husband to the Charities rather than allow my relatives to use my husband hard earned funds for pleasure. I will be going in for an operation in less than one hour i can not respond to your mail this is why i gave you my lawyer contact below.

I decided to WILL/donate the sum of $5,500,000 (Five million five hundred thousand dollars) to you for the good work of the motherless and less privilege and also for the assistance of the widows.

At the moment i cannot take any telephone calls right now due to the fact that my relatives are around my health status and me. I have adjusted my WILL and my lawyer is aware i have changed my will you and he will arrange the transfer of the funds from my account to yours.

I wish you all the best, and please use the funds well and always extend the good work to others. Contact my lawyer in the Netherlands with this specified email below and his contact.

Email: [email protected]
Name: Barrister Greg John

And tell him that i have WILLED ($5,500,000.00) to you and I have also notified him that i am WILLING that amount to you for a specific and good work. I know I don't know you but i have been directed to do this.

NB: I will appreciate your utmost confidentiality in this matter until the task is accomplished, as I don't want anything that will jeopardize my last wish. And Also I will be contacting with you by email if I am able to survive this operation as I don't want my relation or anybody to know because they are always around me.

Regards,
Jennifer Wilson

Aug 22 06 11:35 pm Link

Model

Gingerwings

Baltimore, Maryland, US

India Jackson wrote:
I hosted my website through www.musecube.com and have an email address through them.  Since I created my site and several email addresses I have received at least 3 emails like the one below  The first time I got one I thought that maybe they had just emailed the wrong person… then I got a second and a third one.  Each email told a different story but ultimately involved someone leaving or giving money away to me that is no longer living or is soon to be deceased.  I don’t know what the sender of these emails is trying to achieve but I thought that I should let everyone I could know that emails from [email protected] and [email protected]  or anyone by the name of Barrister Greg John and Jennifer Wilson is probably a scam or virus.

Here is the Email:

To:    India Jackson
Cc:    
Date:    Wed, 23 Aug 2006 02:34:50
Subject:    Beloved
Attachment:    

Urgent Assistance

My name is Jennifer Wilson i am a dying woman who have decided to donate what i have to you/Charities. I am 64 years old and i was diagnosed for cancer for about 7 years ago, immediately after the death of my husband who lived all his life in America, who has left me everything he worked for.

I have been touched to donate from what i have inherited from my late husband to the Charities rather than allow my relatives to use my husband hard earned funds for pleasure. I will be going in for an operation in less than one hour i can not respond to your mail this is why i gave you my lawyer contact below.

I decided to WILL/donate the sum of $5,500,000 (Five million five hundred thousand dollars) to you for the good work of the motherless and less privilege and also for the assistance of the widows.

At the moment i cannot take any telephone calls right now due to the fact that my relatives are around my health status and me. I have adjusted my WILL and my lawyer is aware i have changed my will you and he will arrange the transfer of the funds from my account to yours.

I wish you all the best, and please use the funds well and always extend the good work to others. Contact my lawyer in the Netherlands with this specified email below and his contact.

Email: [email protected]
Name: Barrister Greg John

And tell him that i have WILLED ($5,500,000.00) to you and I have also notified him that i am WILLING that amount to you for a specific and good work. I know I don't know you but i have been directed to do this.

NB: I will appreciate your utmost confidentiality in this matter until the task is accomplished, as I don't want anything that will jeopardize my last wish. And Also I will be contacting with you by email if I am able to survive this operation as I don't want my relation or anybody to know because they are always around me.

Regards,
Jennifer Wilson

Report it/them to Musecube.  This is an email I'd seen on there before. :-\

Aug 22 06 11:42 pm Link

Model

Linnea

Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania, US

Just so everyone knows, I got some emails similar to this one previously (a while ago at this point, and always from someone different "overseas").

Of course I new it was obvious b.s.......especially when one email told me about the death of my very own father and the money he had in a foreign bank!!  I about died laughing at that stupidity.

These emails are not new, and can come from any number of people.  In my experience, it's always best to automatically trash emails with nondescript subjects and unfamiliar senders.  They're almost always spam.

Aug 22 06 11:44 pm Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

I have been getting e-mails like that ever since I signed up with MM, actually.
I don't know what they're all about.
But I just don't read them anymore.

Aug 22 06 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Paul Studios

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

It's just another variant of the Nigerian e-mail scam. Report them and ignore the e-mails. DO NOT REPLY TO THEM...they will never stop if you do.

Aug 22 06 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

North Pole Photography

Joe Paul Studios wrote:
It's just another variant of the Nigerian e-mail scam. Report them and ignore the e-mails. DO NOT REPLY TO THEM...they will never stop if you do.

Amen, brother!!  Right on target.
This scam has been around for a LONG time, which leads me to believe the perps have had some success--too bad!

Aug 23 06 09:40 am Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

This so-called advanced fee or 419 scam has been around since the 1920's, when it was known as the Spanish Prisoner scam. Back then, letters were mailed in official-looking envelopes.

Scammers and spammers "spider" the web for e-mail addresses. It could just as easily happen on any site that has public access.

Forward each message to [email protected] to file complaints, for example, [email protected].

Aug 23 06 09:44 am Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

wow!  what an incredible opportunity to earn millions of dollars AND help someone at the same time!

Aug 23 06 10:58 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

look up 419 scam on google

in fact look up internet scam, never hurts to learn more..

hope you never gave money to

UncleNedsKatrinaFund dot com

Aug 23 06 11:06 am Link

Photographer

FlirtynFun Photography

Houston, Texas, US

it probably wasn't from musecube or MM anyway...it probably was from some OTHER site you were browsing...it's called SPAM. If you run Outlook...try a product called IHATESPAM. It's done a great job at eliminating that crap out of MY inbox.

Aug 23 06 11:09 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

EYElene Productions

REGO PARK, New York, US

That's one of the worse scams I've seen yet.
I've had ones where they want to send me a check for enormous amounts of money which they expect me to deposit into my bank account. That's a way for them to get your information.
I wrote back & told them to burn in hell.

Aug 23 06 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

It's simple, they want your bank account numbers.

Aug 23 06 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

Make sure to use both letters and numbers (an underscore here and there won't hurt) in your email address. It makes you much harder to find. On MM, make everybody go through the messages system until you are comfortable giving out your email address. On a wicked note, you can go to iwon.com and register their email address with fake info. Click ALL the boxes for special offers and what not. They will soon have plenty of spam themselves!! I am sure there are other sites that offer to spam you as well. While they can trace this back to the perpetrator, the truly evil can buy a card at Kinko's for cash and use the computer there to spread the SpamBomb!!

Aug 23 06 10:26 pm Link

Photographer

Mac Wolff

Litchfield Park, Arizona, US

ITS A SCAM DELETE IT VOID IT AND BURY IT BURN IT WHAT EVER BUT ITS A SCAM !!!

Aug 23 06 10:30 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Gardner Photo

Delta, Colorado, US

A guy at work won the Canadian Lotto!!  He got taken for $2500.  You can't win a lotto without buying a ticket.

Aug 24 06 04:01 am Link

Photographer

Ron Osmena Photography

Laguna Beach, California, US

this email has been going around since 2002 around November, December, and imagine till today people still fall for it.....its amazing what this scammers can do...

Aug 24 06 04:09 am Link

Model

Sweet Lil Melissa

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I get these, different versions, from time to time.  I just immediately delete them/mark as spam but have always been somewhat curious.  I thought it might just be a way to get someone's info, but never actually e-mailed back or anything.  Thanks all, now I know for sure! smile

Aug 24 06 11:24 am Link

Photographer

Thyronne

Huntington Beach, California, US

I won 10,000,000 euros yesterday.  I deleted the email...

Aug 24 06 11:26 am Link

Photographer

global vision

Bowling Green, Ohio, US

can you say nigerian scam scum?????

Aug 25 06 12:32 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

I don't know how all these comapnies found out I had a small penis (rather... none at all... I am a girl), but I recieve multiple offers daily for "enlargment pills"...

Have you ever checked out www.419eater.com?

Aug 25 06 12:34 am Link