Forums > General Industry > What Would you DO??????????

Model

BrodieB

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Hey everyone.......................

Very new to this site...............and luckily not stupid..................

In the first instance I got here I had repeated messages from a photog....... looked into him, he seemed to critique every girl in my area obsessively...... laying on the compliments thick to them all................

The photos he did in my opinion not so good................ very amateurish........

He emailed me about work and even though my BIO states no nude or semi nude he emailed me two times, when i emailed back and told him I DEFINATELY would not do any nude or semi nude work I have not heard from him again, now it looks like possibly he has been banned from site.........for what reasons I don't know...........................

He has an offsite website which I looked at, which is even more amateurish..... so really, he is banned it seems, and not an issue, but I worry about the people he has marked as friends etc.......... and the girls he may still be trying to contact who may not be as smart...........

I am a realist not prone to fantasy or fits of pique and all i see him for is a pervy loser, but am I being harsh? I think I am being smart, but I truly do worry about the girls who he has photographed already, they look young, or erm, silly (best word to say)

Do I post him up, what do I do? the minute I checked credentials etc he hit the ground running and obviously theres been a complaint, but why isnt this posted up here? Why isnt he being talked about is that against the rules, and why does he not have the chance to come and tell us his side of the story so we can all rip shreds off him? LOL

Oh and the only comments on his photos are form teh same 2 people who seem equally as pervy and what it seems, a few silly models who dont know better?

Aug 22 06 10:33 am Link

Model

Gingerwings

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Yeah I am curious about this too.. I have had some really bad experiences with local photographers and some really good ones.. I wish there was some way to black list photogs (or in the photographer's case, models) in a classy way...

Aug 22 06 10:38 am Link

Model

Cybil

Springfield, Colorado, US

Good for you for sticking up for yourself!

Aug 22 06 10:38 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

I think it is against the rules to talk about a specific person like that. I may be interpreting it wrong though: https://www.modelmayhem.com/rules.php

You might ask a moderator what to do: https://www.modelmayhem.com/modlist.php

Aug 22 06 10:44 am Link

Model

BrodieB

I figured as much Jessalyn, thanks. is why i mentioned no names and I dont have them listed on my portfolio at all, but they have seem to have been banned now in the last 48 hours..... which I find very odd!

But No, I dont want to say anything against anyone........ it is always a matter of opinion isnt it.... I just worry for others, and I worry that these people are out there.............

It would be nice ot be able to make contact with others who would know, but probably best that I ask people personally of course, which I will do rather than post their name on the site.

thankyou for the links!

Aug 22 06 10:49 am Link

Model

PlusModelNikki

Pontiac, Michigan, US

There was actually a photographer on this site who threatened a models life.  She put a disclaimer on her page, not even mentioning his name, but just making girls more aware and the "photographer" told her he was going to take legal action against her for slander.  Imagine that, telling the TRUTH is slander! Pft.

Aug 22 06 10:49 am Link

Model

BrodieB

Yah this litigious world is crazy, crazy  and ridiculous........ I think that poeple sometimes should take the risk, but this guy is NOT worth it..... and as he has been banned, well....... good luck to him and I will keep and eye out, but I hope there are no girls silly enough to work with him, my email is [email protected] he is aussie photog, so no need for most to worry, NSW based........ and he has no  legitimate website or pictures, if you are smart you can tell straight away, so my photog friends...... DONT WORRY!!!!! If a Photog cannnot even get a legitimate website going...... you have to worry..........., So those who I AM currently working with, i have more than praise for you....and will make it known once we shoot....... everyone on my friends portal is womderful is what I will say ok!

I will not name names, but I will defend those who are doing the right thing and those people are on my list....... and those who arent and I am working with, I am happy to put you there.................. :-)

Man I am just worried, Im getting old!!!! Dont like to see young girls have the wool pulled over their eyes!

Aug 22 06 11:10 am Link

Model

BrodieB

Off to bed its 3am!~ Will reply more in the morning, goodnight my friends! or good day maybe I should say!!!! See you in about 5 hours...........LOL!

Aug 22 06 11:11 am Link