Forums > General Industry > Insta-Photo-Killers!!

Photographer

Miles Chandler

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Ransom J wrote:
I find his requirements very reasonable.  more than half of what he asks for are thing most photographer THINK and grumble to themselves abotu but never mention to the model.  He just let's it be known up front what he expects.  I'm sure that that might rub some models the wrong way but the ones that don't take it personally and agree to shoot with him know exactly what to expect before hand.

HER requirements, I believe  but yes, on reflection (and seeing the whole document she emailed along for my perusal), I can see her point. And there is a huge difference between my situation and hers- I usually only shoot nudes, and only TFCD, although I will endeavour to make part of the shoot clothed if they like. However as I freely admit I'm not a fashion photographer and without an MUA, I doubt they get a lot of useful portfolio shots from me. At least I don't have to worry about wardrobe and lights!
So they're posing because they enjoy it, or really like my work and want to be part of it. I still wouldn't dream of putting most of those conditions on my own models, but then I'm already asking them to pose nude, so I have to be flexible on all other points:-)

Sep 08 06 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
I also think the white wronkled bedsheet is a deal-breaker for me.

Jim Ball wrote:
If the model is laying on it, no problem for me.  If it's nailed to the wall behind her for a backdrop--forget it!

Exactly, it depends on who is doing the wronkling.

Sep 08 06 10:14 pm Link