Forums > General Industry > What do you commonly provide

Photographer

Offshore Photography

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

What so you commonly provide form your TFCD OR TFP shoots and what do models generaly expect to be given!
I am sure this is been covered a bunch of times
Thanks for your input.

Aug 19 06 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

JDF Photography

Marengo, Ohio, US

for TFCD, the cd has the best shots touched up for any minor defects. for TFP, it is a negotiated number of prints; minimum of 2 8x10s.

Aug 19 06 06:26 pm Link

Photographer

Photos By Deej

Tumwater, Washington, US

Offshore Photography wrote:
What so you commonly provide form your TFCD OR TFP shoots and what do models generaly expect to be given!
I am sure this is been covered a bunch of times
Thanks for your input.

I normally provide a photoCD of the some of the images from the shoot.  Depending upon how easy the model was to work with I will lightly photoshop a few images.

Aug 19 06 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

Offshore Photography

Thank you for the replys smile

Aug 19 06 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

I provide bottled water and snackage at the shoot. I encourage models to bring their own music as my tastes are far too sophisticated for most mortals. I give two CDs, first one I burn on the spot of screen res (you can set up actions in Photoshop to re-res them). This has all the images. My release states that these are for review only. This makes the model happy, she knows she has something and will not get completely stiffed. The next CD may take a couple of weeks. I ask the model to make a list of her favorite images, including her most favorite shot. I do the same, my list is usually much smaller than hers. Then I take images that are on both lists, ten MAX if it was a great shoot, and do the magic Photoshop fix. I correct for color casts, minor touch up if needed (if there is major touch up I toss it) cropping, and sharpen a bit. The model gets this final CD as .tif files in hi-res and .jpg files downsized for posting on her page.

Aug 19 06 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

Offshore Photography

Michael L. wrote:
I provide bottled water and snackage at the shoot. I encourage models to bring their own music as my tastes are far too sophisticated for most mortals. I give two CDs, first one I burn on the spot of screen res (you can set up actions in Photoshop to re-res them). This has all the images. My release states that these are for review only. This makes the model happy, she knows she has something and will not get completely stiffed. The next CD may take a couple of weeks. I ask the model to make a list of her favorite images, including her most favorite shot. I do the same, my list is usually much smaller than hers. Then I take images that are on both lists, ten MAX if it was a great shoot, and do the magic Photoshop fix. I correct for color casts, minor touch up if needed (if there is major touch up I toss it) cropping, and sharpen a bit. The model gets this final CD as .tif files in hi-res and .jpg files downsized for posting on her page.

Thanks my friend thats sounds like a great way to do it smile

Aug 19 06 10:08 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Pie.
I expect pie.

Aug 19 06 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Nemi Bea wrote:
Pie.
I expect pie.

I make a killer Black Forest Cake. Will that do?

Aug 19 06 10:22 pm Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

Nemi Bea, if you ever come to Bellingham, I will provide as many pies as you would like! Lots of Dutch and so on up here and they might be the results of inbreeding but they bake the be-jeezus out of pie!!

Aug 19 06 10:22 pm Link