Forums > General Industry > I so excited over lights.How sick is that?

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

Ok,

So I have used up the life in my old studio strobes and got tired of looking for a place to have them serviced. Yes, they are just old enough not to nbe self servicable. As it turns out it's a good thing, becvause I decided to purchace new ones. I even ordered them over night express..LOL..I hate waiting.

I cant wait for the new pics, I am shooting Saturday in studio and I know the newer lights will only add to my arsenal of tools.

Oh yeah..Happy Happy Joy Joy..

Vance

Aug 17 06 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

North Pole Photography

Vance wrote:
Ok,

So I have used up the life in my old studio strobes and got tired of looking for a place to have them serviced. Yes, they are just old enough not to nbe self servicable. As it turns out it's a good thing, becvause I decided to purchace new ones. I even ordered them over night express..LOL..I hate waiting.

I cant wait for the new pics, I am shooting Saturday in studio and I know the newer lights will only add to my arsenal of tools.

Vance

smile

Yeah, I am a light (and lighting) freak, too, Vance.

Aug 17 06 02:45 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Scott

Vancouver, Washington, US

Vance wrote:
Ok,

Vance

Congrats! I've been slowly replacing my really old Normans. What did you purchase?????

-- Dave

Aug 17 06 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

Stevens Photography wrote:

smile

Yeah, I am a light (and lighting) freak, too, Vance.

See, I always thought you were more of an ass man. smile

Aug 17 06 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Apfel Photography wrote:

See, I always thought you were more of an ass man. smile

ROTFLMAO!

I gotta use that retort sometime soon!

I got Alien Bees..
A slew of em...

I figured I'd do some over kill..

I am pretty much ordering their entire line over the next month. Plus I have my eyes on some other stuff. I ned to do some research. As we all know, Lighting is everything. My current strobes have been on the way out for months now. It's amazing I've gotten the shots I did.

I cant wait to have fully functioning equipment again...Hell yeah!

Aug 17 06 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Vance wrote:
I got Alien Bees..
A slew of em...

I believe they are sold in swarms, not slews.

Aug 17 06 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Brian Diaz wrote:

I believe they are sold in swarms, not slews.

Brian,

Ya know..you may have someting there...

Remind me to smack you a slew of times for correcting me..

LOL..

Aug 17 06 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

I have four of them here in my little 15x15 studio, you'll love 'em. I just bought the battery pack so I can bring a few on location shoots, like a beach shoot I have this weekend.

If you have a camera flash that you can diffuse and turn down manually to almost no power, you don't even need synch cords.

Also, replace the modeling light bulbs with some 2-year 60W-100W Halogens, they'll run cooler, brighter, and a little closer in color to the strobes.

I recommend the Avenger stands, BTW, instead of the Bee stands. I have two Bee stands but only use them for background lights.

Aug 17 06 06:17 pm Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

im excited for you!

THere is no bad light, only poor use of it

Aug 17 06 11:32 pm Link