Forums > General Industry > Iron Photographer

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

If anyone has seen the Iron Chef competition. . .think similar.

Because I am a wealth of ideas, how fantastic would an Iron Photographer competition be??  Stellar!!

Six photographers, one model, one look, six different versions/interpretations/visions. . .FANTASTIC idea if I do say so myself. . .and I do say so!

Only question is, who would be the "judge"?

Aug 17 06 06:45 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

Me

Aug 17 06 06:50 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Isn't that what they call a "shoot out", just they pay for it, and nobody judges?

Aug 17 06 06:51 am Link

Model

TheArchon

Pemberton, New Jersey, US

Post the results, and let the MM people decide.  That would be best, because from what I've seen...the most brutal critics seem to be here...

Aug 17 06 10:49 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

America's Next Top Fashion Photographer

Submit it to FOX, they'll show anything big_smile

Aug 17 06 10:56 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

UdoR wrote:
Isn't that what they call a "shoot out", just they pay for it, and nobody judges?

Could be. . .only a little different b/c each photographer would get to use a different MUA and lighting and whatnot.  Just on the same model and same "look"/theme.

Aug 17 06 08:25 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

C R Photography wrote:

You're probably right.  Either them or the "new" UPN. . CM or something like that.

Aug 17 06 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

GregBrown

Atlanta, Georgia, US

PLEASE no more "Reality" TV....It's people like you what cause unrest.  Entertainment NEEDS a script (or very good improvisational actors!)  all that other stuff is SO DESPERATE for attention!

Aug 17 06 08:33 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

GregBrown wrote:
PLEASE no more "Reality" TV....It's people like you what cause unrest.  Entertainment NEEDS a script (or very good improvisational actors!)  all that other stuff is SO DESPERATE for attention!

Do you seriously think reality tv is devoid of any type of direction??  Seriously?  Dude. . .hon. . .babe. . .sweety. . .you've gotta get out more. 

Reality tv is the most "un realistic" version of tv there is.  The producers control the show.  The stuff you see on tv is still a "studio".  When they have those little "candid camera talk to self" moments. . .they're really talking to one of the producers of the show.  Producers plant seeds of rivalry, jealousy, despair, etc. in the little unsuspecting minds of the cast.  So really. . .reality tv is just another form of scripted tv. . .only the difference is the script is not given to the one saying the lines on camera.

Think about why American Idol and those other "vote off" shows are so popular.  Aside from the humiliating auditions, most people aren't watching to see their "favorite" win. . .they're watching to see how much longer the one they "want to lose" will remain on the show.  Classic antagonist.

Aug 18 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Benjamen McGuire

Portland, Oregon, US

The judges? Why, the notorious GWC, Flava Flav, Matt Le Blanc, and (in disguise via sattalite) Betty Page.

Ooooodelally!

Aug 18 06 06:33 pm Link

Model

Christine

Los Angeles, California, US

Iron Chef rocks BTW

Aug 18 06 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Fotticelli

Rockville, Maryland, US

C R Photography wrote:

I got scouted for a show like that. Well sort of. It was a Canadian TV company. Hey Canadians, has it aired yet? It's like the apprentice and one episode was about a fashion photographer.

If you know speak up, eh?

Edit - I didn't audition. Too old to be eating bugs.

Aug 18 06 07:11 pm Link