Forums > General Industry > Where is your favorite location to take photos?

Photographer

GD Photowerks

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I do a lot of location shooting and I tend to go back to a few locations with new models again and again.  Just wondering if other photographers has a favorite place to shoot at and why that location.  As for mine its Heritage Park in Norwalk CT because it tends to be deserted most of the time and there is a wide variety of background options between the river, the hillside covered in wildflowers, the outdoor stage, the traintracks running along one side, and the underside of Route 95 that borders another side.  This gives me a combination of wilderness and urban settings at the same location.  Now if it just had a waterfall.

Aug 16 06 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

Bret Harte

Green River, Utah, US

Take a ride down through Hoback Canyon into Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Scenery is magnificent, and when you get there, the Church of the Transfiguration has one end of nothing but glass which gives you a panoramic view of the mountain cliffs that rise out of the valley floor. I reckon it makes you want to go to church more often. Outside you have to sit on the ground shooting upwards to catch the model against the sheer cliffs. Rainbow Lake is another place, if you like walking uphill to the 8,000 foot level into the clouds. It's a great place to be in the summer.

Aug 18 06 09:56 am Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

Valley of Fire, Overton Nevada.

Aug 18 06 10:02 am Link

Photographer

David Velez

New York, New York, US

There is a small nook in Central Park......it's usually sealed off but we always get in. No one bothers us when we shoot there and it's always shaded and calm with a great breeze.
There is also an edifice nearby which provides outstanding fill light depending on time of day :-)
I just shot there earlier this week - I love it there and the models do too since it's so relaxing and beautiful. One would never know we were in one of the busiest parks in the world lol

Aug 18 06 10:02 am Link

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

I'm not saying, too many people know about it as is...

wink

Aug 18 06 10:12 am Link