Forums > General Industry > MUA & PHGs I need to know whats common...

Photographer

Some Like It Shot Photography

Kent, Washington, US

I know that everyone probably will have a different answer & that is totally fine...trying to find the average.I photographed a TFCD shoot with 5 models getting make-up done. I am trying to know what is best to do for the MUA:

? do you give the MUA more than headshots even if the make-up isn't really seen well in a full body or are headshots enough?

? do you edit the photos you give the MUA for their portfolio, if there is a considerable amount of Photoshop editing or is it better to leave it plain so they know what their work really looked like?

? if each model is getting 10-20 retouched images of themselves, how many should I give the MUA?

? What should I put on my profile here when I worked with someone...is it the same if I would or would not work with them in the future?

Thanks!

Aug 16 06 12:24 am Link

Photographer

Some Like It Shot Photography

Kent, Washington, US

:::cricket...cricket...cricket:::

Awkward silence - Anyone have any opinions?

Aug 16 06 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Why not repost in the Stylist forum.  I suspect you'd get lots of interesting answers smile

My answer:  whatever you and the artist agree to.

Aug 16 06 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

ClevelandSlim

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

if it's tfcd, i'd probably give the mua the same thing i (photographer) am getting.  or, 20 images for mua's book like the models are getting. or finally, come to an agreed compensation before the shoot.

in your port, give the mua their credit regardless of if you are going to work with them again or not...

~Slim~

Aug 16 06 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

Ask them what they would like?

Aug 17 06 07:21 am Link